The inner wall of pollen grains is made up of
(2) Cellulose and pectin
(4) Cellulose only
The pollen grains are shed at two-celled stage in
(1) 80% angiosperms
(2) 40% angiosperms
(3) 30% angiosperms
(4) 60% angiosperms
Which among the following is referred to as male gametophyte?
(3) Pollen grain
Which among the following is incorrect with respect to vegetative cell of pollen grain?
(1) It has irregularly shaped nucleus.
(2) It has abundant food reserve.
(3) It is spindle shaped with dense cytoplasm.
(4) It is bigger as compared to generative cell.
A, B, C and D in the following diagram respectively are:
(1) Epidermis, endothecium, middle layers, tapetum
(2) Epidermis, middle layers, PMC, tapetum
(3) Endothecium, middle layers, microspore mother cells, tapetum
(4) Epidermis, middle layers, tapetum, PMC
Match the following:
|1||Male gametophyte||I||Embryo sac|
(1) 1-III ; 2-I ; 3-II ; 4-IV
(2) 1-I ; 2-II ; 3-III ; 4-IV
(3) 1-IV ; 2-III ; 3-II ; 4-I
(4) 1-III ; 2-II ; 3-I ; 4-IV
The following figure represents :
(1) Transverse section of young anther
(2) 3-D cut section of mature anther
(3) Cut section of filament
(4) Transverse section of mature filament
The diameter of pollen grain generally varies from:
(1) 40-50 micrometers
(2) 25-50 micrometers
(3) 10-12 micrometers
(4) 8-25 micrometers
The outer layer exine is made up of:
(1) Cellulose and pectin
Which among the following is not a characteristic feature of sporopollenin?
(1) Sporopollenin is one of the most resistant organic material known.
(2) It can withstand high pressures.
(3) No enzyme that degrades sporopollenin is known.
(4) The exine exhibits a fascinating array of patterns and designs.