What will be the ratio of homozygous dominant, homozygous recessive and pure heterozygous traits in F2 generation in pea plant is
(1) 1 : 1 : 8
(2) 2 : 3 : 2
(3) 1 : 1 : 2
(4) 2 : 2 : 6
In the results, F2 generation of Mendelian dihybrid cross in pea plant. The ratio of yellow and wrinkled seeded pea plant to the yellow and round seeded pea plant is
(1) 1 : 2
(2) 1 : 4
(3) 1 : 3
(4) 3 : 5
Law of Independent Assortment is not applicable to
(1) Linked genes
(2) Genes on different chromosomes
(3) Distantly located gene
(4) both (2) and (3)
Which of the following statement is correct?
(1) Mendel’s work remained unrecognised till 1920.
(2) Mendel’s work suggested that factors were discrete units.
(3) Mendel provided physical proof of the existence of factors.
(4) He used geographical approaches to solve the problems of biology.
Who rediscovered Mendel’s laws?
(1) de Vries
(3) Von Tschermak
(4) all of these
Pairing and separation of a pair of chromosomes would lead to segregation of a pair of factors they carried. This conclusion was drawn by
(1) Walter Sutton
(2) Theodore Boveri
(3) both (1) and (2)
(4) Thomas Hunt Morgan
Chromosomal theory of inheritance is a combination of
(1) Knowledge of chromosomal segregation with Mendelian principle
(2) Knowledge of Dihybridcross with motion of chromosome
(3) Knowledge of Law of dominance with chromosomal appearance
(4) Knowledge of classical genetics with modern molecular biology
The behaviour of chromosomes and genes can be compared with each other is best explained by which of the following statement?
(1) occur in nucleus
(2) both segregate at the time of gamete formation leading to transmittance of complete pair to a gamete.
(3) Independent pairs( gene) or pair of chromosomes segregate independently of each other or of other pair.
(4) The two alleles of a gene pair are located on homologous site on homologous chromosomes.
The chromosome movement during meiosis have been worked out
Consider the following statement and find out the incorrect one:
(1) Advancement in Microscopy made the study of chromosomal behaviour possible.
(2) The two alleles of a gene pair are located on homologous site on homologous chromosomes.
(3) Experimental verification of chromosomal theory of Inheritance was done by T. H. Morgan et. Al.
(4) Morgan Chose Drosophila as an experimental animal because it has variations that can be seen with high power of microscope.