Sickle cell anaemia is example of
(1) sex-linked inheritance
(2) deficiency disease
(3) autosomal heritable disease
(4) infectious disease
Holandric genes are located
(1) both in X and Y-chormosome
(2) only in Y-chromosome
(3) only in X-chromosome
(4) only in autosomes
Which one of the following disorders and characteristic is correctly matched?
(1) Cystic fibrosis - Produciton of thick mucous that cloge airways
(2) Sickle cell anaemia - Brain deterioration beginning at months of age
(3) Achondroplasia - Extra fingers or toes
(4) Huntingon's disease - Skeletal, eye and cardiovascular defects
Tay-Sachs disease results due to lack of enzyme
(2) hexosaminidase A
(3) Pyruvate kinase
(4) Na- — K+ ATPase
A woman is married for the second time. Her first husband was ABO blood type A, and her child by that marriage was type O. Her new husband is type B and their child is type AB. WHat is the woman's ABO genotype and blood type ?
(1) IAIO; Blood type A
(2) IAIB; Blood type AB
(3) IBIO; Blood type B
(4) IOIO; Blood type O
Who is known as father of physiological genetics or father of biochemical genetics ?
(2) Charles Elton
(4) Archibald Garrod
For how many years Gregor Mendel conducted hybridisation experiments on garden peas?
James Watson and Francis Crick got Nobel prize in the year
How many true breeding pea plant varieties had been selected by Mendel?
A true-breeding plant line can be obtained by
(1) Cross pollination
(2) Self pollination
(3) Continuous Cross pollination
(4) Continuous Self pollination