Choose the correctly matched pair from the following.
(1) Gonorrhoea, hepatitis B - Sexually transmitted diseases
(2) AIDS, gonorrhoea- viral infection
(3) Diphtheria, ringworm - fungal infection
(4) Diphtheria, tuberculosis - protozoan infection
Which of the following is not a character of cancerous cells in our body ?
1. Contact inhibition
4. Inability for differentiation
Which one of the following immune system components does not correctly match with its respective role?
1. Interferons - secreted by virus-infected cells and protect non-infected cells from further viral infection
2. B-lymphocytes-produces antibodies in response to pathogens into blood to fight with them
3. Macrophages-mucus secreting cells that trap microbes entering in the body
4. IgA-present in colostrum in early days of lactation and protect infant from diseases
Which of the following pathogens is not transmitted by vector?
1. Salmonella typhi
2. Alpha virus
4. Wuchereria bancrofti
Which one of the following is not derived from plants?
When plants/animals are infected with virus, they may produce an anti-viral substance that is capable of inhibiting the multiplication of that virus. Identify the correct name of this substance.
Refer to the given figure depicting a diseased condition in humans and name the worm causing this disease.
1. Epidermophyton floccosum
2. Ascaris lumbricoides
3. Wuchereria bancrofti
4. Entamoeba histolytica
Refer to the given figure and choose the organism not related to the condition shown here.
3. W. malayi
Which of the following factor is incorrect for the low levels of immune response during Plasmodium infection?
(1) Different types of antigens are expressed at varying stages of Plasmodium life cycle
(2) The stages during its life cycle are mostly intracellular
(3) The sporozoites of Plasmodium are rapidly cleared from blood circulation
(4) Plasmodium infection primarily destroys the macrophages and dendritic cells present in blood
Mathc the following columns
A. Psychotropic drug
A B C D E
(a) 5 3 4 1 2
(b) 5 2 1 4 3
(c) 2 5 4 1 2
(d) 4 3 4 2 1