Tendon and ligament are example of
(1) dense regular connective tissue
(2) dense irregular connective tissue
(3) loose connective tissue
(4) specialised connective tissue
Which of the following is correct regarding respiration in adult frog?
(1) In water- Skin, gills
(2) On land- Skin, buccal cavity
(3) In water- Skin, buccal cavity
(4) On land- Skin, lungs, gills
What is common between earthworm and Periplaneta?
(1) Both have red coloured blood
(2) Both possess anal styles
(3) Both have malpighian tubules
(4) Both have segmented body.
Intercalated discs are charasteristic of muscles found in
(3) urinary bladder
Refer the given figure of digestive system of earthworm and identify the part labelled X.
(1) Intestinal caecae
The figure shows different human tissues labeled as A to D. Which option gives the correct identification of the label, its location and one feature?
(1) D-Unicellular glandular epithelium, goblet cells, secrete saliva
(b) B-Sqamous epithelium, walls of blood vessels, form a diffusion boundary
(3) A-Cuboidal epithelium, ducts of glands, secretion and absorption
(4) C-Columnar epithelium, lining of stomach, secretion and absorption
Haversian canal in the bone of mammals is connected by a small blood vessel canal called
a. Schlemm's canal
b. Volkmann's canal
c. Portal capillaries
Which one of the following correctly describes the location of some body parts in the earthworm (Pheretima) ?
(1) Four pairs of spermathecae in 4-7 segments
(2) One pair of ovaries attached at inter-segmental septum of 14th and 15th segments
(3) Two pairs of testes in 10th and 11th segments
(4) Two pairs of accessory glands in 16-18th segments
Which of the following serve as the anchoring junctions between the cells?
(1) Tight junctions
(2) Gap junctions
All the following statements regarding epithelial tissues are correct except
(1) the cells are completely packed with little intercellular matrix
(2) they do not have a vascular supply of their own
(3) cell junctions are very well developed in epithelial cells
(4) they rest on a cellular basement membrane