Specific proteins responsible for the flow of materials and information into the cell are called
(1) membrane receptors
(2) carrier proteins
(3) integral proteins
(4) none of these
Who invented electron microscope ?
(3) Knoll and Ruska
What are Singer and Nicolson known for?
(1) One-gene-one-enzyme hypothesis
(2) Plasma membrane modifications
(3) Fluid-mosaic model of plasma membrane
(4) Structure of DNA
What is a plasmid ?
(1) Bacterial, linear, dsDNA
(2) Extra chromosomal linear RNA
(3) Extra chromosomal circular dsDNA
(4) Autonomously replicating circular RNA
Cell theory was proposed by
(1) a botanist
(2) a zoologist
(3) a botanist and a zoologist
(4) a psychologist.
The microscope usually used for seeing living cells or tissues is
(1) compound microscope
(2) electron microscope
(3) phase contrast microscope
(4) light microscope.
Which of the following organelles contain DNA?
(i) Mitochondria (ii) Chloroplasts (iii) Golgi bodies (iv) Ribosomes
(1) (i) and (ii)
(2) (ii) and (iii)
(3) (i) only
(4) (iv) only.
Chromatin is made up of:
(1) DNA and protein
(2) DNA and histone
(3) DNA, RNA, protein
(4) RNA, histone and oil bodies.
Which one of the following is correct for the transmembrane proteins in lipid bilayer of plasma membrane?
(1) They are absent in animal cells.
(2) They act as channel proteins.
(3) They are absent in plant cells.
(4) They are only externally located
Identify the accurate explanation of mesosome.
(1) a specialised structure of prokaryotic cell formed by extension of plasma membrane into the cytoplasm
(2) the middle layer of the prokaryotic cell wall
(3) the organelle of eukaryotic cell which helps in lipid synthesis
(4) the middle layer of eukaryotic cell wall.