Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
- Drug addiction
- Single cell protein
The outermost limiting layer of mycoplasma is made up of
(1) cell wall
(2) cell membrane
(3) mucilaginous sheath
(4) slime layer
By all of the following ways bacteria become resistant to antibiotic except
(1) making enzymes that inactivate the drug
(2) becoming impermeable to the drug
(3) modifying the target of the drug
(4) moving away from the drug.
Protista differs from monera in having
(1) cell wall
(2) autotrophic nutrition
(4) nuclear membrane
Which of the following is correct?
(1) All fungi are filamentous.
(2) Transfer of DNA from one bacteria to another bacteria cannot take place.
(3) Virus cannot have both DNA and RNA.
(4) Protists reproduce asexually only.
Kingdom Animalia is characterised by
(1) direct dependence on autotrophs
(2) indirect dependence on autotrophs
(3) absence of chlorophyll
(4) absence of cell wall
The genetic material in tobacco mosaic virus is
(1) ss DNA
(2) ss RNA
(3) ds RNA
(4) ds DNA
Yeast is not included in protozoans but in fungi because
(1) it has chlorophyll
(2) it shows saprotrophic mode of nutrition
(3) it has eukaryotic organisation
(4) cell wall is made up of cellulose and reserve food material as starch.
Identify the labelled part in the given figure and select the correct option.
Read the following statement regarding bacteria.
I. Bacteria exchnage their genetic matter through conjugation which involve cell to cell contact.
II. Transduction in 'Salmonella is reported by Tatum and Lederberg in 1952.
III. Citrus canker disease is caused by bacteria Xanthomonas citri.
IV. Hans Christian gram's staining method is based on cell wall composition of bacteria.
Choose the correct option with true statements.
(1) I and III
(2) I, III and IV
(3) I, II, and III
(4) II and IV