"Omnis-cellula-e-cellula" was given:
Which of the following is responsible for the mechanical support, protein synthesis and enzyme transport ?
(1) Cell membrane
(4) Endoplasmic reticulum
Specific proteins responsible for the flow of materials and information into the cell are called
(1) membrane receptors
(2) carrier proteins
(3) integral proteins
(4) none of these
Who invented electron microscope ?
(3) Knoll and Ruska
What are Singer and Nicolson known for?
(1) One-gene-one-enzyme hypothesis
(2) Plasma membrane modifications
(3) Fluid-mosaic model of plasma membrane
(4) Structure of DNA
What is a plasmid ?
(1) Bacterial, linear, dsDNA
(2) Extra chromosomal linear RNA
(3) Extra chromosomal circular dsDNA
(4) Autonomously replicating circular RNA
Cell theory was proposed by
(1) a botanist
(2) a zoologist
(3) a botanist and a zoologist
(4) a psychologist.
The microscope usually used for seeing living cells or tissues is
(1) compound microscope
(2) electron microscope
(3) phase contrast microscope
(4) light microscope.
Which of the following organelles contain DNA?
(i) Mitochondria (ii) Chloroplasts (iii) Golgi bodies (iv) Ribosomes
(1) (i) and (ii)
(2) (ii) and (iii)
(3) (i) only
(4) (iv) only.
Chromatin is made up of:
(1) DNA and protein
(2) DNA and histone
(3) DNA, RNA, protein
(4) RNA, histone and oil bodies.