Many cells function properly and divide mitotically even though they do not have
(1) Plasma membrane
Which of the following is not a characteristic of meiosis?
(1) It involves two stages of DNA replication one before meiosis-I and another before meiosis-II
(2) It involves recombination and crossing over
(3) Sister chromatids separate during anaphase- II
(4) Nuclear membrane disappears during prophase.
Microtubule depolymerizing drug such as colchicine is expected to
(1) inhibit spindle formation during mitosis
(2) inhibit cytokinesis
(3) allow mitosis beyond metaphase
(4) induce formation of multiple contractile
Which of the following statements is incorrect about G0 phase.
(1) Mitosis occurs after G0 phase.
(2) Biocatalysts can be used to exit G0 phase.
(3) Cell volume keeps on increasing during this phase.
(4) Cell metabolism occurs continuously in G0 phase.
Beads on string like structures of A are seen in B, which further condense to form chromosomes in C stage of cell division.
A B C
(1) Chromonema Chromatin Metaphase
(2) Chromatin Chromatid Metaphase
(3) Chromonema Chromosome Anaphase
(4) Chromonema Chromatid Anaphase.
Which is the longest phase of the cell cycle?
The checkpoint in cell cycle plays important role in
(1) repairing DNA damage
(2) apoptosis initiation
(3) assessing DNA damage
(4) none of these.
Identify the correct matched pair.
(1) Segregation-Metaphase ll
(2) Significance of meiosis-production of genetically similar cells
(3) Exchange of genetic material- DIakinesis
(4) Anaphase ll of meiosis-Centromeric division
The mandatory combination responsible for assembly of microtubules are
The exchange of segments of non-sister chromatids between chromosomes of a homologous pair termed as
(3) crossing over
(4) chromosomal aberration