Which one of the following is correctly matched regarding an Institute and its location?
(1) National Institute of Virology - Pune
(2) National Institute of Communicable Diseases-Lucknow
(3) Central Drug Research Institute-Kasauli
(4) National Institute of Nutrition-Mumbai
(1) The Virus Research Centre (VRC), Pune came to existance in 1952 under the joint auspices of the ICMR and the Rockefeller Foundation, as a part of the global programme of investigations on the arthropod-borne group of viruses. In view of its expanded scope and activities, the VRC was undesignated as the National Institute of Virology (NIV) in 1978. The NIV is identified today as the WHO collaborating centre for arbovirus reference and research. NIV also acts as the National Monitoring Centre for Influenza and Hepatitis.