Plasmodesmata connections help in
1. cytoplasmic streaming
2. synchronous mitotic divisions
3. locomotion of unicellular organism
4. movement of substances between cells.
Three of the following statements regarding cell organelles are correct while one is wrong. Which one is wrong?
(1) Lysosomes are double membraned vesicles budded off from Golgi apparatus and contain digestive enzymes.
(2) Endoplasmic reticulum consists of a network of membranous tubules and helps in transport, synthesis and secretion
(3) Leucoplasts are bound by two membranes, lack pigment but contain their own DNA and protein synthesizing machinery.
(4) Sphaerosomes are single membrane bound and are associated with synthesis and storage of lipids.
In which one of the following would you expect to find glyoxysomes?
(1) Endosperm of wheat
(2) Endosperm of castor
(3) Palisade cells in leaf
(4) Root hairs
Genes present in the cytoplasm of eukaryotic cells are found in
(1) mitochondria and inherited via egg cytoplasm
(2) Lysosomes and peroxisomes
(3) lysosomes and peroxisomes
(4) plastids and inherited via male gamete
What is common between chloroplasts, chromoplasts and leucoplasts ?
(1) Presence of pigments
(2) Possession of thylakoids and grana
(3) Storage of starch, proteins and lipids
(4) Ability to multiply by a fission-like process
"Omnis-cellula-e-cellula" was given:
Which of the following is responsible for the mechanical support, protein synthesis and enzyme transport ?
(1) Cell membrane
(4) Endoplasmic reticulum
Specific proteins responsible for the flow of materials and information into the cell are called
(1) membrane receptors
(2) carrier proteins
(3) integral proteins
(4) none of these
Who invented electron microscope ?
(3) Knoll and Ruska
What is a plasmid ?
(1) Bacterial, linear, dsDNA
(2) Extra chromosomal linear RNA
(3) Extra chromosomal circular dsDNA
(4) Autonomously replicating circular RNA