Which of the following cytoskelelal components of an eukaryotic cell play a major role in
3. Intermediate filaments
4. None of these
Free radicals in our body have been implicated in
2. certain degenerative disorders
4. all the above
Which is not true for prokaryotic cells ?
1. They are smaller than eukaryotic cells.
2. They lack membrane-bound organelles.
3. Their genetic material is localised within nucleoid.
4. They contain a well developed cytoskeleton.
If there were present no subcellular organelles in a eukaroytic cell, the rate of
3. not change
4. increase dramatically.
Extranuclear genes occurs in
1. plastids and are not inherited
2. plasmid and are not inherited
3. mitochondria and are inherited by female
4. mitochondria and are inherited by male.
Some Gram -ve bacteria have peptidoglycan and an extra layer of
2. teichoic acid
4. both 2. and 3.
A chromosome carrying the centromere at one of the ends is called
Plasmodesmata connections help in
1. cytoplasmic streaming
2. synchronous mitotic divisions
3. locomotion of unicellular organism
4. movement of substances between cells.
DNA is present in
1. chromosomes and dictyosomes
2. chloroplasts and lysomes
3. mitochondria and chloroplasts
4. mitochondria and endoplasmic reticulum
Three of the following statements regarding cell organelles are correct while one is wrong. Which one is wrong?
(1) Lysosomes are double membraned vesicles budded off from Golgi apparatus and contain digestive enzymes.
(2) Endoplasmic reticulum consists of a network of membranous tubules and helps in transport, synthesis and secretion
(3) Leucoplasts are bound by two membranes, lack pigment but contain their own DNA and protein synthesizing machinery.
(4) Sphaerosomes are single membrane bound and are associated with synthesis and storage of lipids.