Phytochromes play a role in
(1) seed germination
Production of NADPH in a chloroplast takes place during
(1) cyclic photophosphorylation
(2) non-cyclic photophosphorylation
(3) series photophosphorylation
(4) substrate level photophosphorylation.
Dark reaction occurs
(1) only in light
(2) only in the absence of light
(3) independent of light
(4) both (1) and (3).
Photorespiration, usually occurs in
(1) one cell organelle
(2) two cell organelles
(3) three cell organelles
(4) four cell organelles.
(1) in day time - for gaseous exchange
(2) in day time - no gaseous exchange
(3) in night time only - for gaseous exchange
(4) in night time only - no gaseous exchange.
Which of the following statements about phytochrome is true?
1. Pr absorbs yellow light and becomes Pfr
2. Pr absorbs red light and becomes Pfr
3. Pfr absorbs red light and becomes Pr
4. Pfr absorbs yellow light and becomes Pr .
Blackman's law is related to
(3) root pressure
Who discovered photophosphorylation?
(1) Arnon et. al.
(2) Von Mayer
(3) Clavin et.al.
Photosynthetic bacteria do not contain
(2) PS-I and PS-II
The photorespiratory carbon-oxidation cycle involves the interaction of
(d) all of these.