Which of the following is not a feature of the plasmids?
(a) Circular structure
(d) Independent replication
Water soluble pigments found in plant cell vacuoles are
Balbiani rings are sites of
1. lipid synthesis
2. nucleotide synthesis
3. polysaccharide synthesis
4. RNA and protein synthesis
Which of the following are not membrane-bound?
A protoplast is a cell
a. without plasma membrane
b. without nucleus
c. undergoing division
d. without cell wall
Cellular organelles with membranes are
1. nuclei, ribosomes and mitochondria
2. chromosomes, ribosomes and endoplasmic reticulum
3. endoplasmic reticulum, ribosomes and nuclie
4. lysosomes, Golgi apparatus and mitochondria.
The structures that are formed by stacking of organised flattened membranous sacs in the chloroplasts are
3. stroma lamellae
Select the correct matching in the following pairs.
(1) Smooth ER—Oxidation of phospholipids
(2) Smooth ER—Synthesis of lipids
(3) Rough ER—Synthesis of glycogen
(4) Rough ER—Oxidation of fatty acids
Which one of the following is not an inclusion body found in prokaryotes?
1. Phosphate granule
2. Cyanophycean granule
3. Glycogen granule
Nuclear envelope is derivative of
1. smooth endoplasmic reticulum
2. memebrane of Golgi complex
4. rough endoplasmic reticulum