Adult human RBCs are enucleate. Which of the following statement(s) is/are most appropriate explanation for this feature?
(I) They do not need to reproduce.
(II) They are somatic cells.
(III) They do not metabolise.
(IV) Their internal space is available for oxygen transport.
(1) Only (IV)
(2) Only (I)
(3) (I), (III) and (IV)
(4) (II) and (III)
Name the blood cells, whose reduction in number can cause clotting disorder, leading to excessive loss of blood from the body.
Serum differs from blood in
(1) lacking globulins
(2) lacking albumins
(3) lacking clotting factors
(4) lacking antibodies
Blood pressure in the pulmonary artery is
(1) more than that in the carotid
(2) more than that in the pulmonary vein
(3) less than that in the venae cavae
(4) same as that in the aorta
Which one of the following animals has two separate circulatory pathways?
Doctors use a stethoscope to hear the sounds produced during each cardiac cycle. The
second sound is heard when
1. AV valves open up
2. Ventricular walls vibrate due to gushing in of blood from atria
3. Semilunar valves close down after the blood flows into vessels from ventricles
4. AV node receives the signal from SA node
Erythropoiesis starts in:-
4. red bone marrow
Blood pressure in the mammalian aorta is maximum during
1. systole of the left atrium
2. diastole of the right ventricle
3. systole ot the left ventricle
4. diastole of the right atrium
Which one of the following is correct?
1. Plasma = Blood - Lymphocytes
2. Serum = Blood + Fibrinogen
3. Lymph = Plasma + RBC + WBC
4. Blood = Plasma + RBC + WBC + Platelets
Person with blood group AB is considered as universal recipient because he has
1. Both A and B antigens on RBC but no antibodies in the plasma
2. Both A and B antibodies in the plasma
3. No antigen on RBC and antibody in the plasma
4. Both A and B antigens in the plasma but no antibodies.