Which one of the following plants is monoecious?
Flowers are unisexual in
(3) china rose
A scion is grafted to a stock. The quality of fruits produced will be determined by the genotype of
(3) both stock and scion
(4) neither stock nor scion.
Which form of reproduction is correctly matched?
(1) Euglena → transverse binary fission
(2) Paramecium → longitudinal binary fission
(3) Amoeba → multiple fission
(4) Plasmodium → binary fission
Which one of the following methods is commonly used to maintain the genetic traits of a given plant?
(1) By propagating through seed germination
(2) By propagating through vegetative multiplication
(3) By generating hybrids through intergeneric pollination
(4) By treating the seeds with gamma radiations
Which animal has the longest gestation period?
The ploidy of bread wheat is
(1) 4 n
(2) 6 n
(3) 2 n
(4) 8 n
Life span of parrot is
(1) 140 years
(2) 60 years
(3) 80 years
(4) 40 years
No individual is immortal except:
(1) Single celled organisms
(2) Green plants
Find out the correct statement:
(1) Life spans of organisms are necessarily correlated with their sizes
(2) The sizes of crows and parrots are not very different, so their life spans are almost similar
(3) A peepal tree has much shorter life span as compared to a mango tree
(4) Reproduction is essential for continuity of species on the earth