Product of sexual reproduction generally generates
(1) longer viability of seeds
(2) prolonged dormancy
(3) new genetic combination leading to variation
(4) large biomass
Monoecious plant of Chara shows occurrence of
(1) antheridiophore and archegoniophore on the same plant
(2) stamen and carpel on the same plant
(3) upper antheirdium and lower oogonium on the same plant
(4) upper oogonium and lower antheridium on the same plant
What would be the number of chorosomes of the aleurone cells of a plant with 42 chromosomes in its root tip cells?
Which one of the following plants is monoecious?
Flowers are unisexual in
(3) china rose
A scion is grafted to a stock. The quality of fruits produced will be determined by the genotype of
(3) both stock and scion
(4) neither stock nor scion.
Which form of reproduction is correctly matched?
(1) Euglena → transverse binary fission
(2) Paramecium → longitudinal binary fission
(3) Amoeba → multiple fission
(4) Plasmodium → binary fission
Which one of the following methods is commonly used to maintain the genetic traits of a given plant?
(1) By propagating through seed germination
(2) By propagating through vegetative multiplication
(3) By generating hybrids through intergeneric pollination
(4) By treating the seeds with gamma radiations
Which animal has the longest gestation period?