Male and female gametophytes are independent and free-living in
Which one of the following has haplontic life cycle?
Phylogenetic system of classification is based on
(1) evolutionary relationships
(2) morphological features
(3) chemical constituents
(4) floral characters
Which one of the following is a vascular cryptogam?
Which one of the following is considered important in the development of seed habit?
(1) Dependent sporophyte
(3) Haplontic life cycle
(4) Free-living gametophyte
In which one of the following, the male and female gametophytes don't have free-living independent existence?
Which one of the following is heterosporous?
Select one of the following pairs of important features distinguishing Gnetum from Cycas and Pinus and showing affinities with angiosperms
(1) absence of resin duct and leaf venation
(2) presence of vessel elements and absence of archegonia
(3) perianth and two integuments
(4) embryo development and apical meristem
Flagellated male gametes are present in all the three of which one of the following sets?
(1) Anthoceros, Funaria and Spirogyra
(2) Zygnema, Saprolegnia and Hydrilla
(3) Fucus, Marsilea and Calotropis
(4) Riccia, Dryopteris and Cycas
In gymnosperms, the pollen chamber represents:
(1) a cell in the pollen grain in which the sperms are formed
(2) a cavity in the ovule in which pollen grains are stored after pollination
(3) an opening in the megagametophyte through which the pollen tube approaches the egg
(4) the microsporangium in which pollen grains develop