In bryophytes and pteriodophytes, transport of male gametes requires
Select the correct statement.
(1) Salvinia, Ginkgo and Pinus all are gymnosperms
(2) Sequoia is one of the tallest trees
(3) The leaves of gymnosperms are not well adapted to extremes of climate
(4) Gymnosperms are both homosporous and heterosporous
Chromatophores take part in
Which one of the following shows isogamy with non-flagellated gametes?
Which of the following is responsible for peat formation?
Male gametophyte with least number of cells is
Select the wrong statement.
(1) Isogametes are similar in structure, function and behaviour
(2) Anisogametes differ either in structure, function and behaviour
(3) In oomycetes female gamete is smaller and motile, while male gamete is larger and non-motile
(4) Chlamydomonas exhibits both isogamy and anisogamy and Fucus shows oogamy
Isogamous condition with non-flagellated gametes is found in
Besides paddy fields, cyanobacteria are also found inside vegetative part of
Read the following statements (IV) and answer the question which follows them
I. In liverworts, mosses and ferns gametophytes are free living.
II. Gymnosperms and some ferns are heterospores.
III. Sexual reproduction in Fucus, Volvox and Albugo is oogamous.
IV. The sporophyte in liverworts is more elaborate than that in mosses.
How many of the above statements are correct?