Life cycle of Ectocarpus and Fucus respectively are
(1) Haplontic, Diplontic
(2) Diplontic, Haplodiplontic
(3) Haplodiplontic, Diplontic
(4) Haplodiplontic, Haplontic
Conifers are adapted to tolerate extreme environmental conditions because of
(1) broad hardy leaves
(2) superficial stomata
(3) thick cuticle
(4) the presence of vessels
Which one of the following statements is wrong?
(1) Algae increases the level of dissolved oxygen in the immediate environment
(2) Algin is obtained from red algae and carrageen from brown algae
(3) Agar-agar is obtained from Gelidium and Gracilaria
(4) Laminaria and Sargassum are used as food
In bryophytes and pteriodophytes, transport of male gametes requires
Select the correct statement.
(1) Salvinia, Ginkgo and Pinus all are gymnosperms
(2) Sequoia is one of the tallest trees
(3) The leaves of gymnosperms are not well adapted to extremes of climate
(4) Gymnosperms are both homosporous and heterosporous
Chromatophores take part in
Which one of the following shows isogamy with non-flagellated gametes?
Which of the following is responsible for peat formation?
Male gametophyte with least number of cells is
Select the wrong statement.
(1) Isogametes are similar in structure, function and behaviour
(2) Anisogametes differ either in structure, function and behaviour
(3) In oomycetes female gamete is smaller and motile, while male gamete is larger and non-motile
(4) Chlamydomonas exhibits both isogamy and anisogamy and Fucus shows oogamy