The cyanobacteria are also referred to as
(2) golden algae
(3) slime moulds
(4) blue-green algae
Which statement is wrong for viruses?
(1) All are parasites
(2) All of them have helical symmetry
(3) They have ability to synthesize nucleic acids and proteins with the help of host cell
(4) Antibiotics have no effect on them
Nuclear membrane is absent in
Which one single organism or the pair of organisms is correctly assigned to its or their named taxonomic group?
(1) Paramecium and Plasmodium belong to the same kingdom as that of Penicillium
(2) Lichen is a composite organism formed from the symbiotic association of an algae and a protozoan
(3) Yeast used in making bread and beer is a fungus
(4) Nostoc and Anabaena are examples of Protista
Maximum nutritional diversity is found in the group
Organisms called Methanogens are most abundant in a
(1) cattle yard
(2) polluted stream
(3) hot spring
(4) sulphur rock
Which one of the following organisms is not an example of eukaryotic cells?
(1) Escherichia coli
(2) Euglena viridis
(3) Amoeba proteus
(4) Paramecium caudatum
Which one of the following is wrongly matched?
– Exarch protoxylem
– Imbricate aestivation
Single-celled eukaryotes are included in
Membrane-bound organelles are absent in