The primitive prokaryotes responsible for the production of biogas from the dung of ruminant animals, include the
Which one of the following statements is wrong?
(1) Golden algae are also called desmids
(2) Eubacteria are also called false bacteria
(3) Phycomycetes are also called algal fungi
(4) Cyanobacteria are also called blue-green algae
One of the major components of cell wall of most fungi is
Which of the following statements is wrong for viroids?
(1) They are smaller than viruses
(2) They cause infections
(3) Their RNA is of high molecular weight
(4) They lack a protein coat
Which one of the following fungi contains hallucinogens?
(1) Morchella esculenta
(2) Amanita muscaria
(3) Neurospora sp.
(4) Ustilago sp.
Archaebacteria differ from eubacteria in
(1) cell membrane structure
(2) mode of nutrition
(3) cell shape
(4) mode of reproduction
The most abundant prokaryotes helpful to human in making curd from milk and in production of antibiotics are the ones categorized as
(3) chemosynthetic autotrophs
(4) heterotrophic bacteria
Which one of the following does not differ in E.coli and Chlamydomonas?
(2) Chromosomal organization
(3) Cell wall
(4) Cell membrane
The cyanobacteria are also referred to as
(2) golden algae
(3) slime moulds
(4) blue-green algae
Which statement is wrong for viruses?
(1) All are parasites
(2) All of them have helical symmetry
(3) They have ability to synthesize nucleic acids and proteins with the help of host cell
(4) Antibiotics have no effect on them