The pericycle, which gives rise to lateral roots, consists of:
1. Epithelial cells
2. Meristematic cells
3. Parenchymal cells
4. Endodermal cells
Summer wood is:
(1) the same as heartwood.
(2) found to the outside of each annular ring of xylem.
(3) found to the inside of each annular ring of xylem.
(4) formed throughout the growing season.
The given transverse section is of:
(1) Monocot stem
(2) Dicot stem
(3) Monocot root
(4) Dicot root
The vascular bundle shown in the diagram is most likely to be seen in:
1. Monocot stem
2. Dicot stem
3. Monocot root
4. Dicot root
The main function of the plant tissue shown below is:
1. Storage of nutrients
2. Providing buoyancy to submerged plants
3. Mechanical support to growing parts of a plant
4. Increase in the length of the plant
Identify the wrong statement in context of heartwood.
(1) Organic compounds are deposited in it
(2) it is highly durable
(3) It conducts water and minerals efficiently
(4) It comprises dead elements with highly lignified walls
Which of the following is made up of dead cells?
(1) Xylem parenchyma
The vascular cambium normal gives rise to.
(2) primary phloem
(3) secondary xylem
Cortex is the region found between
(1) Epidermis and stele
(2) Pericycle and endodermis
(3) Endodermis and pith
(4) Endodermis and vascular bundle
The balloon-shaped structures called tyloses
(1) Original in the lumen of vessels
(2) characterise the sapwood
(3) are exetentions of xylem parenchyma cells into vessels
(4) are linked to the ascent of sap through xylem vessels