A synthetic mRNA of repeating sequence 5'-CACACACACACACACAC... is used for a cell-free protein synthesizing system like the one used used by Nirenberg. If we assume that protein synthesis can begin without the need for an initiator codon, what product or products would you expect to occur after protein synthesis?
(1) one protein, consisting of a single amino acid
(2) three proteins, each consisting of a different, single amino acid
(3) two proteins, each with an alternating sequence of two different amino acids
(4) one protein, with an alternating sequence of two different amino acids
(4) The template has two alternating codons - CAC and ACA