Fat soluble pigments like xanthophylls are present in:
Proteins that are to be used outside the cell are synthesized:
1. in the mitochondria
2. on the rough endoplasmic reticulum
3. on the smooth endoplasmic reticulum
4. on free ribosomes
The two types of cellular organelles that transform energy are:
(1) Chromoplasts and Leucoplasts
(2) Mitochondria and Chloroplasts
(3) Mitochondria and Endoplasmic reticulum
(4) Chloroplasts and Golgi apparatus
The arrangement of outer and central microtubules in a cilium is called the:
1. 9 + 1 pattern
2. 9 + 0 pattern
3. Flagellin pattern
4. 9 + 2 pattern
Which of the following structure is not found in a prokaryotic cell?
(1) Nuclear envelope
(4) Plasma membrane
Pigment-containing extensions in some cyanobacteria are
(2) basal bodies
Which among the following are the smallest living cells, known without a definite cell wall, pathogenic to plants as well as animals and can survive without oxygen?
Which of the following cell organelles is responsible for extracting energy from carbohydrates to form ATP?
Which of the following components provides sticky character to the bacterial cell?
(a) Cell wall
(b) Nuclear membrane
(c) Plasma membrane
Select the mismatch.
1. Gas vacuoles — Green bacteria Cells
2. Large central vacuoles — Animal cells
3. Protists — Eukaryotes
4. Methanogens — Prokaryotes