Identify the correct statement regarding the stem morphology from the following:
I. Stems bear only axillary buds.
II. Axillary buds may get modified into thorns as in Citrus
III. Stem tendrils develop from axillary buds as in gourds.
1. Only I and II
2. Only I and III
3. Only II and III
4. I, II and III
The type of placentation show in the given figure is seen in:
3. China rose
The given floral diagram can be of:
2. Atropa belladonna
Match the columns A and B.
a. Marginal placentation (i) Marigold
b. Axile placentation (ii) Dianthus
c. Parietal placentation (iii) Argemone
d. Free central placentation (iv) Chinarose
e. Basal placentation (v) Pea
1.a-v, b-iv, c-iii, d-ii, e-i
2. a-v, b-iii, c-iv, d-i, e-ii
3. a-iV, b-iii, c-V, d-ii, e-i
4. a-i, b-v, c-iv, d-iii, e-ii
An inferior ovary:
1. is situated on the receptacle above the perianth and androecium.
2. is positioned below the sites of attachment for perianth and androecium.
3. forms a hypanthium.
4. is positioned below the receptacle.
The type of aestivation seen in Calotropis is represented by:
The floral diagram shown in the given diagram can be of:
(1) A plant that produces a chemical that can disrupt mitotic spindle
(2) Deadly night shade
(3) Indigofera plant, a source of dye
(4) A pulse plant
The condition of the ovary shown in the given diagram can be described as:
(4) Half inferior
The region responsible for growth in the length of root is:
is the floral formula of