Amongst the following the number of fresh water fishes is:
Catla, Rohu, Common carp, Hilsa, Sardines, Mackerel, Pomfrets
A group of animals related by descent and similar in most characters like general appearance, features, size, configuration, etc., are said to belong to a:
The purposeful manipulation of plant species in order to create desired plant types that are better suited for cultivation, give better yields and are disease resistant is called:
2. Genetic farming
4. r DNA technology
Hisardale is a new breed of:
(1) sheep developed by crossing Bikaneri ewes and Marino rams.
(2) Sheep developed by crossing Bikaneri rams and Marino ewes.
(3) Goat developed by crossing Bikaneri ewes and Marino rams.
(4) Goat developed by crossing Bikaneri rams and Marino ewes.
There are several species of honeybees which can be reared. Of these the species reared in india is:
(1) Apis indica
(2) Apis dorsata
(3) Trigona iridipennis
(4) Apis mellifera
Consider the following two statements:
I. An effective germplasm collection is the prerequisite of any successful plant breeding program.
II. Genetic variability is the root of any breeding program.
1. Both I and II are true and II explains I
2. Both I and II are true and II dose not explains I
3. I is true but II is false
4. I is false but II is true
Arrange the following steps of a plant breeding program in a correct chronological manner:
I. Selection and testing of superior recombinants
II. Collection of variability
III. Crosshybridization among the selected parents
IV. Evaluation and selection of parents
V. Testing, release and commercialization of new cultivars
1. II, IV, I, III, V
2. IV, I, II, III, V
3. II. IV, III, I, V
4. IV, III, II, I, V
Identify the incorrect statement regarding Multiple Ovulation Embryo Transfer Technology (MOET):
(1) FSH like hormone or PMSG [pregnant mare serum gonadotropin] are used to induce super-ovulation [6-8 eggs rather thanone per cycle] and Prostagladins are used to regulate the duration of cycle.
(2) Fresh embryos can be stored at 37C for 6-8 hours without much harm but it is recommended that the embryos are inserted into the recipient cow or frozen as soon as possible. The embryos can be stored for ever in liquid nitrogen.
(3) The animal is either mated with an elite bull or artificially iseminated and the fertilized eggs at 8-32 cells stages, are recovered non-surgically and transfered to genetic mothers.
(4) The embryos are transferred to a recipient cow whose oestrous cycle is at the correct receptive stage.
The best breeding method for animals that are below average in produtivity in milk production would be:
(4) Interspecific hybridisation
Identify the option where all columns are not correctly matched: