Which of the following is a recessive trait for a character choosen by Mendel in garden pea?
(1) Violet flower color
(2) Yellow pod color
(3) Axial flower position
(4) tall stem height
Genes which code for a pair of contrasting traits or slightly different forms of the same gene are known as
Indentify the incorrect statement:
(1) Tall plant produces gametes by meiosis and the dwarf plant by mitosis
(2) Only one allele is transmitted to a gamete.
(3) This segregation of alleles is a random process.
(4) Gametes will always be pure for the trait.
The law of Segregation is based on the fact that
(1) The Alleles do not show any blending
(2) There is random fertilization
(3) Gametes are pure for the trait
(4) The zygotes are diploid
The ultimate source of allelic variation is:
(2) Natural selection
In the case of co-dominance, the F1 generation resembles:
(1) Dominant parent
(2) Recessive parent
(3) Both the parents
(4) None of the parents
What can the possible blood groups of progeny whose father and mother are of A and B group respectively?
(1) A and B only
(2) AB only
(3) All except O
(4) A, B, AB and O
Suppose a gene has seven alleles. What would be the number of alleles in an individual at any instant?
In case of starch synthesis in pea seeds [controlled by B gene], BB homozygotes produce large and round starch grains; bb homozygotes produce smaller and wrinkled starch grains and Heterozygotes produce round seeds of intermediate size. What can be inferred from this observation?
(1) The gene B mutates at a faster rate.
(2) The gene B is easily influenced by the environment
(3) Dominance is not an autonomous feature of a gene or the product that it has information for
(4) Some genes do not follow the law of segregation.
"When two pairs of traits are combined in a hybrid, segregation of one pair of characters is independent of the other pair of characters". This is the statement of:
(1) Law of Dominance
(2) law of segregation
(3) Law of Independent Assortment
(4) Law of Linkage