When both male and female flowers are present on the same plant, then plant is said to be:
The number of chromosomes in a meiocyte of the fruit fly is:
The most critical event in sexual reproduction is:
(2) Gamete transfer
With respect to organisms exhibiting internal fertilization, organisms exhibiting external fertilization show:
1. More variations
2. Great synchrony between sexes
3. Large female size than males
4. Less vulnerability to predation
Ginger is vegetatively propagated through:
In animals exhibiting internal fertilization:
(1) There is high synchrony between the two sexes
(2) The chances of desiccation of the embryo is high
(3) The male gamete is motile
(4) Vulnerability to predators is increased
(1) Exhibit adult reproductive structures in juvenile phase
(2) Are plants that can be both monoecious or dioecious
(3) Produce gametes by mitosis
(4) Are animals capable of reproducing by parthenogenesis
With respect to external fertilization, which of the following is not an advantage of internal fertilization?
1. A decreased risk of disease transmission
2. Minimal waste of gametes
3. Greater chances of individual egg fertilization
4. Relatively longer time of egg protection
Which one of the following statements is not correct?
(1) Offspring produced by the asexual reproduction are called clone
(2) Microscopic, motile asexual reproductive structures are called zoospores
(3) In potato, banana and ginger, the plantlets arise from the internodes present in the modified stem.
(4) Water hyacinth, growing in the standing water, drains oxygen from water that leads to death of fishes.
Which one of the following generates new genetic combinations leading to variation?
(1) Vegetative reproduction
(3) Sexual reproduction
(4) Nucellar polyembryony