Heterophyllous development due to environment is an example of:-
1. Developmental noise
2. Norm of the reaction
Gibberellic acid is a/an:-
1. lndole compound
3. Adenine derivative
The PGR used to initiate flowering and for synchronizing fruit-set in pineapples is:
1. Abscisic acid
Cytokinin does not help in:
1. Lateral shoot growth
2. Overcoming apical dominance
3. Adventitious shoot formation
4. Promoting leaf senescence
In most situations, which of the following acts as an antagonist to GAs?
Which of the following is the site for perception of light/dark in plants?
1. Root apex
2. Shoot apex
A flash of red light followed by a flash of far-red light given during the middle of the night to a short-day plant will likely
1. cause increased flower production.
2. have no effect upon flowering.
3. inhibit flowering.
4. stimulate flowering.
Which of the following statements about plant hormones is false?
1. The growth of plants in nature is probably regulated by a combination of growth-stimulating and growth-inhibiting hormones.
2. Abscisic acid generally promotes growth.
3. Gibberellins stimulate cell enlargement.
4. Cytokinins promote cell division.
At the root apex the cells of the meristematic region are not characterized by:-
1. Being rich in protoplasm
2. Abundant plasmodesmatal connections
3. A cell wall that is primary in nature
4. Having small inconspicuous nuclei
All the following plants are biennials except:-