The presence of cholesterol in the plasma membranes of some animals.
1. enables the membrane to stay fluid more easily when cell temperature drops.
2. enables the animal to remove hydrogen atoms from saturated phospholipids.
3. enables the animal to add hydrogen atoms to unsaturated phospholipids.
4. makes the membrane less flexible, allowing it to sustain greater pressure from within the cell.
Prokaryotic cells have something unique in the form of:
(1) Inclusion bodies
(3) Cell wall
(4) 70 S ribosomes
Under which of the following conditions would you expect to find a cell with a predominance of free ribosomes?
1. a cell that is secreting proteins
2. a cell that is producing cytoplasmic enzymes
3. a cell that is constructing its cell wall or extracellular matrix
4. a cell that is digesting food particles
Gas vacuoles allow cyanobacteria to:
1. Store carbon dioxide for assimilation
2. Control their buoyancy
3. Provide anaerobic conditions to nitrogenase
4. Eliminate toxic ammonia
The lipid component of the plasma membrane mainly consists of:
The endomembrane system of a eukaryotic cell includes all except:
4. Golgi complex
Carotenoid pigments are found in:
(1) Only I
(2) Only I and II
(3) Only II
(4) I, II and III
Microbodies, which help to convert stored lipids into carbohydrates so they can be used for plant growth, are known as:
Ribosomes are produced in
All the following are the part of a eukaryotic cell endomembranous system except:
3. Golgi complex