Which of the following is the largest constituent of the membrane of the
erythrocyte in human beings and is also responsible for performing most of the functions of the membrane?
Cell is the fundamental structural and functional unit of all living organisms because:
(1) Anything less than a complete structure of a cell does not ensure independant living.
(2) The metabolic reactions can only occur inside a living cell.
(3) Nucleic acids present in the cells ensure living state.
(4) The membrane bound organelles cause differentiation for proper functioning.
Who concluded, based on his studies on plant tissues, that the presence of cell wall is a unique character of plant cells ?
(1) Mathias Schleiden
(2) Theodore Schwann
(3) Rudolph Virchow
(4) Robert Hooke
Mesosomes in prokaryotes do not help in:
1. Cell wall formation
2. DNA replication
The endomembrane system of a eukaryotic cell does not include:
1. Endoplasmic reticulum
The cis and trans faces of the Golgi Apparatus are:
1. Similar but not interconnected
2. Similar and interconnected
3. Entirely different but interconnected
4. Entirely diffrent and not interconnected
Plastids used in storing proteins are called as:
A centriole-like structure, from which the cilium and the flagellum emerge, is the:
2. Basal body
The outer membrane of the nucleus:
I. is continuous with the Endoplasmic reticulum
II. does not bear ribosomes.
1. Only I is correct
2. Only II is correct
3. Both I and II are correct
4. Both I and II are incorrect
If the centromere is situated close to the end of a chromosome, it is called as: