How To apply for NEET 2020 & 2021 - NEET Application Form
NEET is an offline exam conducted in the conventional pen and paper mode. The question booklet consists of 180 questions on Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany and Zoology) as prescribed in the NEET exam syllabus. NEET Syllabus is divided into four subjects - Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. Students need to complete all the 97 chapters of NEET Syllabus in order to score good rank in NEET Exam. Aspirants of NEET seeking admission at the undergraduate level are advised to check the eligibility criteria of NEET.
Every year more than ten lakh students appear for NEET Exam but how to know which college is good for you. A right college involves a number of factors such as college fees, location, facilities, exposure and placements.
It has been notified unofficially that there will be no change in the paper pattern or syllabus of the medical exam. Check out the NEET Previous year papers here.
What is the procedure to fill NEET online application form?
Filling the NEET application for is just a four step process:
Details to be filled during NEET Application Form for registration
- Download the information brochure
- Upload the digital signature as well as right hand index finger impression
- Fee payment (either online or offline mode)
- Generate the confirmation page
● Candidate’s name
● Date of Birth
● Mother’s name
● Father’s name
● Mobile number
● Email ID
● Qualifying examination
● Year of passing Class X
● Name of school where studied Class X
● Percentage Obtained in Class X
● Year of passing Class XII
● Name of school where studied Class XII
● Percentage Obtained in Class XII
● Contact details
● State domicile
● Parents’/guardian’s details
Read about NEET Cutoff here.
Choice of examination centre
While filling the NEET online application form, the candidate can enter codes of 3 examination centres out of available 100 centres. The centre will be allocated as per the availability.
NEET Application Fee Charges
Candidates belonging to various categories like General/OBC/SC/ST/PH and others can check below the application fee structure of NEET :
1. General & OBC - Rs.1400
2.SC/ST/PH - Rs.750
*Based on previous years’ data; subject to change
The NEET form fee amount mentioned above can only be paid via Credit Card/Debit Card/Internet Banking/E-challan at designated banks only.
Check out this important information about NEET Result
About the NEET application form
Points to note before filling the form:
● Candidates are advised to read the information brochure carefully before filling the application form.
● The NEET application form is available only through online mode and no other means.
● An unique e-mail id as well as phone number must be ready before filling the online application form
● All the fields must be filled very carefully in the online application form. No fields should remain empty
● After successful completion of the NEET application form, candidates must take 2 to 3 print outs of the confirmation page.
● Candidates who do not have access to an internet connection can visit their nearest Common Service Centre (CSC) or Facilitation Centre as notified by the CBSE. Steps to ll the form:
Step 1 - Downloading NEET information brochure, filling the online application form of NEET and generating a registration number
- Candidates have to download the information brochure and read it thoroughly to ascertain the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates can check the number of reserved seats for different categories, dos and don’ts for entrance exam,merit list and rank etc.
- During the online registration, candidates have to fill all the details as asked in the application form. The details include date of birth, contact details (phone number and email ID) academic qualifications, Class X and XII scores (if declared) and year of passing etc.
Step 2 - Review filled in application details
- Candidates should carefully check all the details as mentioned in the application form.
- In case of any discrepancy candidates can edit the details by clicking on ‘Back’ button.
- If information provided is correct, candidates can click on ‘FINAL SUBMISSION’ button to switch to the next step of application form.
4. Next, candidates have to enter the OTP already sent on their registered mobile number and email id.
Step 3 - Uploading of images, signature and right hand index finger impression
- During this step, candidates have to login again using their registration number and password received during the online registration, i.e, Step 2.
- Candidates have to upload their images, signature and right hand index finger impression in the following digital format -
Image: It should be in JPEG format between 10 KB and 100 KB in size
Signature: It should be in JPEG format between 3 KB and 20 KB in size
Right hand index finger impression: It should be in JPEG format between 3 KB and 20 KB in size
Step 4 – NEET Application Fee Payment
The application fee can be in paid in both online and of offline modes. Candidates can select any of the following payment fee methods:
Online mode: Application fee amount can be paid via Credit Card/Debit Card/Internet Banking
Offline mode: Application fee amount can be paid via e-challan generated at the time of online registration by depositing fee in CBSE’s bank account in Syndicate Bank, ICICI Bank, State Bank of India and HDFC Bank.
Step 5 - Generate NEET 2017 application form confirmation page
After completing the above steps of the NEET application form, candidates have to generate a confirmation page by click on the ‘Confirmation’ link.