NEET 2020 Application Form - Steps to Register
The National Eligibility Cum Entrance test is an exam for students who wish to pursue medical, dental or postgraduate course in government or private medical colleges in India. NEET is an offline exam conducted in the conventional pen and paper mode. The question booklet consists of 180 questions on Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany and Zoology) as prescribed in the NEET exam syllabus. NEET Syllabus is divided into four subjects - Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. Students need to complete all the 97 chapters of NEET Syllabus in order to score good rank in NEET Exam. Also, it is important to know the steps to register for NEET application form. Aspirants of NEET seeking admission at the undergraduate level are advised to check the eligibility criteria of NEET.
Every year more than ten lakh students appear for NEET Exam but how to know which college is good for you. A right college involves a number of factors such as college fees, location, facilities, exposure and placements.
As per the existing format, NEET is conducted in eight vernacular languages including Hindi and English, with Urdu from 2018 onwards. It has been notified unofficially that there will be no change in the paper pattern or syllabus of the medical exam.
In this article the important steps that needs to be followed while applying for NEET exam are mentioned.
How to Register?
In order to be eligible to write the exam, candidates need too have registered for the same and filled out the respective form. Confused about how to do that? Don't worry. Just follow these 4 simple steps and get the process underway.
Step 1: Registration
- The process begins with the successful registration on www.ntaneet.nic.in, following which the NEET Registration Number and Password is generated.
- To register, follow these steps:
- Open www.ntaneet.nic.in and click on ‘New Registration.’ After that, you should be prompted with such a window.
- Fill in all the required fields with utmost attention.
Step 2 : Upload Scanned Images
- After successfully uploading the application form, your NEET login details will be generated, which you are advised to save carefully.
- Sign in using these details to proceed with your registration.
- Upload your scanned Photograph and Signature, and ensure that they adhere to the specifications, which are:
- Passport Photograph: It has to be in JPG format, with the size not exceeding 100 kb, and should contain candidate’s name and the date when the photograph was clicked.
- Signature: It has to be in JPG format, with the size not exceeding 20 kb, and should be on a white surface in blue or black ink.
Step 3 : Make Payment
- To finalise submission, the candidate is required to pay the examination fee of INR 1,400 for General & OBC and INR 750 for SC/ST/PH.
- The payment can be made via UPI/Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card/E-wallet.
- The candidate is also required to pay certain transaction charges for online fee payment, which are as follows:
Step 4 : Print Confirmation Page
- Having successfully completed the payment procedure, you will be redirected to the confirmation page, which signifies the successful submission of your admission form.
- Print the application form, as well as the confirmation receipt.
With that, you have successfully submitted your admission form and brings the registration process to a conclusion.
Note : Once the fee payment has been made, the form cannot be withdrawn. As such, the fee cannot be retrieved.
Documents Required for NEET Registration
The registration process for any examination can become an overwhelming task. Therefore, we are here to help. In order to register for NEET, you will need to have scanned copies of the following documents ready:
- Class X Marksheet
- Class XII Marksheet
- Scanned copy of candidate’s passport sized photograph (JPG; on a white background; 100 kb max; 5 x 5 cm, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, 3.5 x 3.5 cm)
- Scanned copy of candidate’s signature (JPG; on a white background; 20 kb max)
- Valid ID Proof. Here’s a list of permissible IDs as proof:
|CATEGORY||PERMISSIBLE ID PROOF|
|Indian Nationals||Aadhar Card, or Aadhar Enrollment Number|
|Indian Nationals belonging to Assam, Meghalaya, or Jammu & Kashmir||Aadhar Card, or Aadhar Enrollment Number, Ration Card Number, Bank Account Number, Passport Number, or any other Government issued ID Card|
|Non Resident Indians||Passport Number|
|Overseas Citizens of India/Persons of Indian Origin/ Foreigners||Passport Number|
NOTE: When it comes to the passport photograph, a few things must be kept in mind to avoid any discrepancies. Firstly, it is strongly suggested that you refrain from wearing sunglasses, caps, and/or other accessories. Spectacles, on the other hand, are permitted.
Forgot NEET-Account Password
If you find yourself in the unfortunate situation of being unable to recollect your NEET login password, don’t fret, and follow these simple steps:
1. Firstly, access the NEET website. Then open the ‘Candidate Login’ tab.
2. Click on the link ‘Forgot Password.’
3. Now, carefully enter the required credentials:
- Candidate’s Name
- Registration Number
- Date of Birth
- Security Pin
4. Finally, pick your desired option, through which you wish to reset your password. The options are:
- Security Question
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
5. Easiest of all the steps, reset your password.
And voila! You will have successfully managed to reset your password by following these 5 steps.
Qualifying Examination Codes
As per the guidelines, candidates need to fill the code which he/she are eligible for. These qualifying examination codes are based on their educational qualification.
CODE : 01
A candidate who is appearing in the qualifying examination, i.e., 12th Standard in 2020, whose result is awaited, may apply and take up the said test but he/she shall not be eligible for admission to the MBBS or BDS, if he/she does not pass the qualifying examination with the required pass percentage of marks at the time of first round of Counselling.
CODE : 02
The Higher/Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher/Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education.
NOTE: where the course content is not as prescribed for 10+2 education structure of the National Committee, the candidates will have to undergo a period of one year pre - professional training before admission to the Medical Colleges.
CODE : 03
The Intermediate/Pre-degree Examination in Science of an Indian University/Board or other recognised examining body with Physics, Chemistry, Biology /Bio-technology (which shall include practical test in these subjects) and also English as a compulsory subject.
CODE : 04
The Pre-professional/Pre-medical Examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology & English after passing either the Higher Secondary Examination or the Pre-University or an equivalent examination. The Pre-professional/Pre-medical examination shall include practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject.
CODE : 05
The first year of the three years’ degree course of a recognised University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio-technology including practical tests in these subjects provided the examination is a University Examination and candidate has passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-technology with English at a level not less than a core course.
CODE : 06
B.Sc. Examination of an Indian University provided that he/she has passed the B.Sc. Examination with not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology)/Bio-technology and further that he/ she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
CODE : 07
Any other examination which in scope and standard (Last 02 years of 10+2 Study comprising of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology; Which shall include practical test in these subjects) is found to be equivalent to the Intermediate Science Examination of an Indian University/Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology including practical tests in each of these subjects and English. Provided that to be eligible for competitive entrance examination, candidate must have passed any of the qualifying examinations as enumerated above or appearing in the qualifying examination in 2020. Provided also that to be eligible for competitive Entrance Test the candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology at the qualifying examination as mentioned in clause (2) of regulation 4 on Graduate Medical Education 1997 and in addition must have come in the merit list of NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY ENTRANCE TEST (UG) – 202 for admission to MBBS/BDS courses. In respect of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying examination shall be 40% marks instead of 50% marks for General Candidates. Further, for persons with locomotor disability of lower limbs, minimum of 45% marks for Gen-PH and 40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH are required. Provided further that the students educated abroad seeking admission into medical colleges in India must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English up to the 12th standard level with 50% marks and their equivalency determined as per regulations of the Medical Council of India and the concerned University. If a candidate does not fall within the qualifications prescribed as per Code number 01-07.
Uh-oh! You have just realized that you made a mistake in the application form.
Relax, there is a correction period which offers you the opportunity to rectify any such mistakes. This is, however, only a one-time opportunity. Here’s what to do:
- Visit this link: https://ntaneet.nic.in/Ntaneet/online/CandidateLogin.aspx
- Enter all the required details correctly, i.e, Registration Number, and Password.
- Visit the link prompting 'Click here for Correction in NEET(UG)- 2019 Application'
- Make all the necessary corrections. However, you must be careful this time as no further correction pleas will be entertained.
- Once all corrections have been made, preview the final changes before progressing to input the security code and the OTP (All changes made will be marked in red with the words - changed by candidate)
- Upon final submission, you will be prompted with a window asking if you would like to submit your corrections. Once you have done so, there is no scope for any more corrections.
- Finally, with the submission done, you are required to print the correction slip, which you will be required to carry with you to the examination hall.
Note: You may be required to pay a nominal correction fee.
NEET Common Service Centres/Facilitation Centres
To help students with the process of application and registration, NTA has enlisted the services of several Common Service Centres. The services being provided are:
|Email Preparation, Application Form Submission, and Print out||25|
|Online payment of Fee||0.5% of transaction|
|Downloading Admit Card/OMR/Answer Key||10|
|Online claim for Responses/Key||25|
|Print out per page||5|
To find your nearest CSC: http://locator.csccloud.in/
|Name||Contact No.||Email ID||Work Timings|
|Help Desk||011 2204 1807 / 011 2204 firstname.lastname@example.org||8 am to 8 pm|
|Toll Free Numberemail@example.com||8 am to 8 pm|
|NEET Branch||95995 90192 / 95995 firstname.lastname@example.org||9:30 am to 5 pm|
How to register
Students who satisfy the eligibility criteria can proceed with the registration process which can be done online via the official NEET website : http://cbseneet.nic.in/cbseneet/welcome.aspx
The whole registration process can be divided into 4 parts:
- Select the Apply Online button from the menu options
- Read the instructions and then click on Proceed to Apply Online
- 2 options get popped up – Select the appropriate one and proceed
- Apply, if registered in AIPMT-16/NEET-I
- Apply, if not registered in AIPMT-16/NEET
- After reading the instructions, select the I Agree option
- Fill the details in the registration form – such as name, contact details, parents/guardian details, academic details, qualifying examination details etc.
- After filling all the details, you can select NEXT option if all the details are correct. In case of any modifications in the details press the RESET option.
- After reviewing select The Final Submit option
- A Registration Number gets generated and should be noted for future reference
Upload Scanned Images
Candidate needs to upload the below mentioned (taking into account the size limitation)
- Recent color Photograph
- Impression of the Right hand index finger
- After the images are uploaded, the link to pay the exam fee appears
- Choose the Bank name for making the payment
- Pay the fee as applicable and select the Go for Payment option
- Candidate can pay the fee through Debit/Credit Card/e-challan/Net Banking/e-wallet
- Those candidates submitting the fee through E-Challan, can deposit in any of the branches of SBI, Syndicate Bank, HDFC or ICICI
- A confirmation page appears along with the details of the fee paid and a copy of this needs to be retained
How to Login
The NEET Login ID can be used to edit the Application form, or request a resend of their Admit Card or NEET 2018 Application Form. The Login ID contains all the information submitted in NEET form. Hence care should be exercised while creating the ID and password. The Registration process can also be divided in 4 parts:
- Username: This can be a max of 50 characters and should be alphanumeric. Spaces or special characters are not allowed.
- Password: This must be 7-20 characters long and contain at least one alphabet and one numerical character. The password must be safely secure, for confidentiality of the candidates’ information.
- Secret reminder question: For one to create a login ID, choosing a security question is a must. This can be used to retrieve the username and password in case forgotten.
- Agreement: As always, there are terms and conditions before one proceeds. Read the T&C before you agree.
Username and Password should be secured at all times. Use the things that you can easily remember. However, in case any candidate still forget his/her username or password, then no need to panic. In the NEET official Login page , you can reset the password, using your mobile or e-mail with the help of OTP or secret question.