Most Important Chapters of Physics for NEET Syllabus 2020 & 2021
Every year lot of students have been preparing for long to make their dream a reality and all they need is accurate NEET syllabus to prepare. NEET Syllabus is divided into four subjects - Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. Students need to complete all the 97 chapters of NEET Syllabus in order to score good rank in NEET Exam. Also, it is important to know the steps to register for NEET application form. Aspirants of NEET seeking admission at the undergraduate level are advised to check the eligibility criteria of NEET.
Every year more than ten lakh students appear for NEET Exam but how to know which college is good for you. A right college involves a number of factors such as college fees, location, facilities, exposure and placements.
The question paper of Physics is based mostly on NCERT concepts but it is moderately helpful because some concepts need a detailed explanation that is not available in them. Through detailed analysis of multiple question papers of NEET since 2008, important chapters of physics have been laid out along with an approximate number of questions to be expected from different chapters.
Topic wise distribution of Questions
|Themes||Topics||No. of Questions to be Expected|
|Mechanics||Units and Measurements||1|
|Mechanics||Motion in 1D||1|
|Mechanics||Motion in 2D||2|
|Mechanics||Laws of Motion||2|
|Mechanics||Work, Energy, and Power||2|
|Properties of Bulk Matter & Heat||Solids||1|
|Properties of Bulk Matter & Heat||Fluids||1|
|Properties of Bulk Matter & Heat||Thermal Properties||2|
|Properties of Bulk Matter & Heat||Kinetic Theory of Gases||1|
|Properties of Bulk Matter & Heat||Thermodynamics||2|
|Electricity & Magnetism||Electric Charges and Fields||2|
|Electricity & Magnetism||Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance||2|
|Electricity & Magnetism||Current Electricity||3|
|Electricity & Magnetism||Moving Charges and Magnetism||3|
|Electricity & Magnetism||Magnetism and Matter||1|
|Electricity & Magnetism||Electromagnetic Induction||1|
|Electricity & Magnetism||Alternating Current||2|
|Electricity & Magnetism||Electromagnetic Waves||1|
|Optics & Modern Physics||Ray Optics||3|
|Optics & Modern Physics||Wave Optics||1|
|Optics & Modern Physics||Dual nature of Matter and Radiation||2|
|Optics & Modern Physics||Atom||1|
|Optics & Modern Physics||Nuclei||2|
|Optics & Modern Physics||Semiconductor Electronics||2|
The distribution of questions will help students to prioritize their learning and study effectively to score as much as they can in the physics section. Overall, the physics section will be divided into 4 major themes.
Question distribution as per themes
|Themes||No. of Questions to be Expected|
|Optics and Modern Physics||10|
|Electricity and Magnetism||13|
|Properties of Bulk matters and Heat (Others)||7|
Click here to see the paper analysis of NEET Exam 2017 and 2018.
Effective study plan based on the distribution of topics:
- The topics related to ‘Optics and Modern physics’ are comparatively easier to score in and it is advisable to study this section well.
- The topics mentioned in ‘Mechanics’ are all inter-related and therefore, should be studied well.
- Covering ‘Mechanics and Optics and Modern Physics’ well will allow students to cover 25 questions in the physics section.
- Since Electricity and magnetism covers a major portion of the physics section, candidates are advised to focus well on this portion.
- If time-management is becoming difficult and a student needs to prioritize their study material, it is advisable to study selectively from the section ‘Properties of Bulk matters and Heat’.
- Physics is generally the toughest subject out of all three subjects.
- Out of 45, there were about 8 difficult questions in Physics last year.