Most Important Chapters of Biology for NEET Syllabus 2020 & 2021
Every year lot of students have been preparing for long to make their dream a reality and all they need is accurate NEET syllabus to prepare. NEET Syllabus is divided into four subjects - Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. Students need to complete all the 97 chapters of NEET Syllabus in order to score good rank in NEET Exam. Also, it is important to know the steps to register for NEET application form. Aspirants of NEET seeking admission at the undergraduate level are advised to check the eligibility criteria of NEET.
Every year more than ten lakh students appear for NEET Exam but how to know which college is good for you. A right college involves a number of factors such as college fees, location, facilities, exposure and placements.
Students are highly recommended to be thorough with NCERT since that is where most of the questions will be asked from. Almost 70-75 questions of Biology are expected directly from NCERT which is the foundation text. In this section, the only use of reference books is for sample papers and mock tests. Through detailed analysis of multiple question papers of NEET, important chapters of biology have been laid out along with an approximate number of questions to be expected from different chapters.
Topic wise distribution of Questions:
|Topics||No. of Questions Expected|
|1 Morphology of Flowering Plants||4|
|Cell: Unit of Life||4|
|Cell Cycle and Cell Division||2|
|Transport in Plants||1|
|Respiration in Plants||1|
|Plant growth and Development||2|
|Reproduction in Organisms||1|
|Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants||4|
|Principles of Inheritance and Variation||4|
|Molecular Basis of Inheritance||5|
|Microbes in Human welfare||2|
|Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production||2|
|Organisms & population||2|
|Structural Organization in Animals||2|
|Digestion & Absorption||2|
|Breathing & Exchange of Gases||2|
|Excretory Products & their Elimination||1|
|Body fluids & circulation||2|
|Locomotion & Movement||2|
|Neural Control & Coordination||3|
|Chemical Coordination & Integration||3|
|Human Health and Disease||3|
|Biotechnology: Principles & processes||3|
|Biotechnology and its Applications||2|
Effective study plan based on the distribution of topics:
- Chapters in the must-read category should be emphasized upon to have a strong foundation for the biology section.
- Students are advised to study NCERT books well.
- Practicing around 200 questions will help students prepare well for the biology section.
- The biology section is divided into Botany and Zoology, each having 45 questions.
- It is usually the easiest out of the three subjects and thus, a savior for many students.
- In NEET 2017, the weightage tilted towards class XII syllabus from which 46 questions were asked as compared to 44 questions from the class XI syllabus.
- NEET 2019 is expected to have a lot of questions from Human Physiology and Plant Diversity. Click here to see the paper analysis of NEET 2017 and 2018 Exam.