Hydrated aluminium chloride is ionic compound and soluble in water giving :
1. Al3+ and Cl- ions
2. and Cl- ions
3. and ions
4. None of these
is an ionic carbide, named as :
on hydrolysis gives :
Anhydrous aluminium chloride fumes in moist air owing to the formation of :
1. gaseous aluminium chloride
3. chlorine dioxide
4. hydrogen chloride
The silicate anion in the mineral kinolte is a chain of three SiO4 tetrahedra, that share corners with adjacent tetrahedra. The charge of the silicate anion is :
Which of the following is sparingly soluble in cold water and fairly soluble in hot water ?
Concentrated nitric acid reacts with iodine to give :
Hydrolysis of one mole of peroxodi-sulphuric acid produces :
1. two moles of sulphuric acid
2. two moles of peroxomono-sulphuric acid
3. one mole of sulphuric acid, one mole of peroxomono-sulphuric acid
4. one mole of sulphuric acid, one mole of peroxomono-sulphuric acid and one mole of hydrogen peroxide
The dipole moment of is more than that of but is not a good solvent because :
1. It has a very high dielectric constant so that ionic compounds cannot be dissolved in it.
2. It does not act as an oxidising agent
3. It acts as a reducing agent
4. It dissociates easily and acts as an oxidising agent in chemical reactions
Thermally most stable compound is :
Which of the following halogen oxide is used for estimation of carbon monoxide in automobile exhaust gases ?
Which of the following is correct statement ?
1. F2 has higher dissociation energy than Cl2
2. F has higher electron affinity than Cl
3. HF is stronger acid than HCl
4. Boiling point increases down the group in halogens
Only iodine forms hepta-fluoride IF7, but chlorine and bromine give penta-fluorides. The reason for this is:
1. low electron affinity of iodine
2. unusual pentagonal bipyramidal structure of
3. that the larger iodine atom can accommodate more number of smaller fluorine atom around it
4. low chemical reactivity of
Borax is converted into crystalline boron by the following steps :
X and Y respectively :
1. HCl, Mg
2. HCl, C
3. C, Al
4. HCl, Al
The dissolution of by a solution of NaOH results in the formation of :
Choose the correct sequence for the geometry of the given molecules
Borazone, Borazole, , , trimer of FCn
['P' stands for planar and 'NP' stands for non-planar]
Which is not true about borax ?
1. It is a useful primary standard for titrating against acids
2. One mole of borax can be used as a buffer
3. Aqueous solution of borax can be used as buffer
4. It is made up of two triangular BO3 units and two tetrahedral BO4 units
Among the following statement which one is true ?
1. is less soluble than in water
2. is stronger base and stronger reducing agent than
3. has higher boiling point than and has lower melting point than
4. is stronger reducing agent than and it has lower critical temperature than
Which of the following on heating produces NO2 ?
Compound (A), (B) and (C) will be respectively :