Which of the following developed for the first time in Annelids?
2. Development of a true coelom
3. Metameric segmentation
4. Both 2 and 3
Which human worm infestation are we talking about?
I. In socio-economic impact on the human race, it is second only ot Malaria
II. The worm larva enters the human body by penetrating the skin
III. The worm requires snails as an intermediate host
IV. In developing countries, it is a common cause of anaemia in children.
Identify the incorrect statement:
1. Medusae of Scyphozoans are called as jelly fishes
2. Ctenophores are the largest animals that move with the help of cilia.
3. Flat worms that have a digestive cavity have an incomplete gut
4. Nematodes are covered with thick cuticle that does not moult
What is not true for generalized mollusc?
1. Body segmented into head, visceral mass and foot
2. A rasping tongue like organ-radula present
3. Mantle cavity with gills
4. Excretory structures-nephridia
How many of the characters given below are true for echinoderms?
I. An endoskeleton of calcareous ossciles
II. The adult echinoderms are radially symmetrical but larvae are bilaterally symmetrical
III. They are triploblastic and coelomate animals
IV. Digestive system is complete
V. Water vascular system
VI. Sexual reproduction, internal fertilization and direct development
Consider the following features :
I. Ampulla of Lorenzini
II. Operculum or gill cover
V. Swim bladder
VI. Lateral line system
The features that can be attributed to cartilaginous fishes are :
1. I, III and IV only
2. II, V and VI only
3. I, II , III and IV
Consider the following characters:
I. Wish bone furculum
II. Pneumatic bones
V. Left aortic arch
VI. Four chambered heart
Which of these are unique to birds?
1. I, II and II only
2. I, II, III and IV only
3. I, II, III, IV and V only
Reptiles were very successful on land while amphibians were not. What evolutionary development was primarily responsible for the success of reptile on land?
1. Scales over skin
2. Thoracic breathing
3. Amniotic egg
4. Strong jaws
Consider the following sets of some animals. The set that consists of all animals belonging to the same phylum is:
1. Pinctada, Aplysia, Chaetopleura
2. Dentallium,Pila, Echinus
3. Asterias, Antedon, Ascidia
4. Adamsia, Gorgonia, Pleurobrachia
Birds are not characterizied by:
1. Forelimbs modified into wings
2. Fully ossified endoskeleton
3. Skin fry without glands except for oil gland
4. Oviparous and external fertilization
Echinoderms are not characterized by:
1. An absence of excretory system
2. Bisexual animals
3. Usually external fertilization
4. Indirect development with free swimming larva
Operculum and an air bladder is present in:
Which of the following represents order of 'Horse' ?
An important characteristic that hemichordates share with chordates is
1. Absence of notochord
2. ventral tubular nerve cord
3. pharynx with gill slits
4. pharynx without gill slits
Choose the correct statements
1. All mammals are viviparous
2. All cyclostomes do not possess jaws and paired fins
3. All reptiles have a three-chambered heart
4. All pisces have gills covered by an operculum
Which one of the following characteristics is not shared by birds and mammals?
1. Breathing using lungs
3. Warm blooded nature
4. Ossified endoskeleton
Which will you look for to identify the sex of the following?
1. Male frog- a copulatory pad on the first digit of the hind limb
2. Female cockroach- anal cerci
3. Male shark - claspers borne on pelvic fins
4. Female Ascaris- sharply curved posterior end
One example of animals having a single opening to the outside that serves both as mouth as well as anus is
Which one of the following in birds, indicates their reptilian ancestry?
1. Scales on their hind limbs
2. four chambered heart
3. two special chambers crop and gizzard in their digestive tract
4. Eggs with a calcareous shell
What is true about Nereis, Scorpion, Cockroach and silver fish?
1. They all have jointd paired appendages
2. They all possess dorsal heart
3. None of them is aquatic
4. They all belong to the same phylum
Which one of the following is not a living fossil?
1. King crab
Which one of the following is a matching set of a phylum and its three examples?
1. Cnidaria- Bonellia, Physalia, Aurelia
2. Platyhelminthes- Planaria, Schistosoma, Enterobius
3. Mollusca - Loligo, Teredo, Octopus
4. Porifera- Spongilla, Euplectella, pennatula
Biradial symmetry and lack of cnidoblasts are the characteristics of :
1. Starfish and sea anemone
2. Ctenoplana and Beroe
3. Aurelia and Paramecium
4. Hydra and starfish
Which of the following represent the correct combination without any exception?
1. Mammary gland; hair on body; pinnae; two pairs of limbs
2. Mouth ventral; gills without operculum; skin with plcoid scales; persistent notochord
3. Sucking and circular mouth; jaws absent integument without scales; paired appendages
4. Body covered with feathers; skin moist and glandular; lungs with air sacs; fore limbs from wings
Pick the odd pair out
1. Porifera : choanoflagellates
2. Cnidaria : nematocysts
3. nematoda : Pseudocoelem
4. mollusca : torsion
Protonephridia are the excretory structures present in
Carapace is present can be observed in
Botryoidal tissue is found in
4. all of these
Class Crustcea has following features
1. Cephalothorax, book lungs, chitinous exoskeleton
2. head and thorax, biramous appendages
3. head and thorax, book lungs, chitinous exoskeleton
4. Cephalothorax, biramous appendages, gills
Which of the following is wrongly matched?
1. Haemoglobin in mammals- RBC
2. Haemozoin - Plasomodium cytoplasm
3. Haemocyanin- leeches
4. Haemoglobin dissolved in blood - Pheretima
Ambulacral grooves are absent in the living forms of the class
Hydra receives impulses and stimuli through
1. nerve net
3. sensory cells
4. flame cells
Based on cellular mechanisms there are two major types of regeneration found in the animals. Which one of the following is the correct example of the type mentioned ?
1. Morphallaxis- Regeneration of two transversel cut equal pieces of a Hydra into two small Hydras
2. Epimorphosis- Replacement of old and dead erythrocytes by the new ones
3. Morphallaxis- healing up of a wound in the skin
4. Epimorphosis- regeneration of crushed and filtered out pieces of a Planaria into as many new Planarians
During the life cycle, Fasciola hepatica (liver fluke) infects its intermediate host and primary host at the following larval stages respectively
1. redia and miracidium
2. cercaria and redia
3. metacercaria and cercaria
4. miracidium and metacercaria
Delicate hair-like feathers which remains sparsely distrubuted over the body are
Which of the following waste products in grasshopper is not excreted and is used in other metabolic activities?
1. Carbon dioxide
3. Uric acid
Select the animal that exhibits retrogressive metamorphosis
Among which of the animals urinary bladder is absent?
Which of the followign have organ and organ system level of organisation
Which of the following is true about the given organism?
1. It is a medusa form of Aurelia
2. It is fresh water sponge
3. Central canal system is present in it
4. It's mouth is formed fist
Which of the following cell is present on the tentacles and body of the Cnidarians
4. Both 2 and 3
The umbrella shaped and free-swimming form of Cindarians is not present in
4. Both 1 and 2
A phylum which are multicellular, having Bilateral symmetry and without body cavity is
4. Both 2 and 3
Which of the following is not true for roundworms
1. Complete alimentary canal
2. Well developed muscular pharynx
3. Both longitudinal and circular muscles present
4. Sexual Dimorphism
How many of the followings are belong to Nematodes
Roundworm, Filarial worm, Hookworm, Pinworm, Tapeworm, Ringworm, Earthworm
How many of the following is Monoecious
Roundworm, Filarial worm, Hookworm, Pinworm, Tapeworm, Planaria, Earthworm
Which of the following is true for the given diagram?
4. Both 1 and 2
Which of the following is a incorrect statement?
1. Arthropods are mostly oviparous
2. All arthropods are hexapoda
3. All arthropods body is divided into Head, Thorax and Abdomen
4. All arthropods are coelomates
Which of the following is true about Neural System of Annelida members?
1. Single Ganglion is present
2. Single ventral nerve cord is present
3. Double ventral nerve cord is present
4. Both A and B
Find the incorrect statement
1. All Mollusks have shells
2. All Mollusks are bilateral symmetrical
3. All mollusks are terrestrial
4. All of these