Identify the incorrectly matched pair:-
1. cork cambium-periderm
2. ground meristem-cortex and pith of a dicot stem
3. procambium-primary vascular tissue
4. protoderm-vascular tissue of a monocot stem
The endodermis is absent or indistinct in the:-
1. Roots of all plants
2. Stems of pteridophytes
3. Leaves of gymnosperms
4. Stems of woody plants
Summer wood is:
1. the same as heartwood.
2. found to the outside of each annular ring of xylem.
3. found to the inside of each annular ring of xylem.
4. formed throughout the growing season.
The annular and spirally thickened conducting elements generally develop in the protoxylem when the root or stem is
Vascular tissues in flowering plants develop from
A common structural feature of vesssel elements and sieve tube elements is:-
1. thick secondary walls
2. pores on lateral walls
3. presence of P-protein
4. enucleate condition
If the stoma remains surrounded by a limited number of cells which cannot be distinguished from other epidermal cells, then this type of stomata is known as.
1. perigynous type
2. paracytic type
3. anisocytic type
4. anomocytic type
Passage cells are found in
1. Dicot stem
2. Monocot root
3. Monocot stem
4. All of these
In the sieve elements, which one of the following is the most likely function of P-proteins?
1. Deposition of callose on sieve plates
2. Providing energy for active translocation
3. Autolytic enzymes
4. Sealing mechanism on wounding
Bark refers to
3. Phellem+Phelloderm+Secondary phloem
4. Periderm+Cortex+Pericycle+Secondary phloem
The branched sclereids present in hydrophytes are:-
Pith cavity occurs in the stem of?
2. Zea mays
Which of the following statement is true?
1. Vessels are unicellular and with narrow lumen
2. Vessels are multicellular and with wide lumen
3. Tracheids are unicellular and with wide lumen
4. Tracheids are multicellular and with narrow lumen
Glycolate induces opening of stomata in
1. Presence of oxygen
2. Low concentration
3. High concentration
4. Absence of
Two adjacent vessel and tracheid exchange sap through
1. Perforated end walls
3. Intercellular spaces
4. Intracellular spaces and parenchyma
Which one of the following cell types always divides by anticlinal cell division?
1. fusiform initial cells
2. root, cap
A stem without vessel possessing prominent sieve tubes would belong to
While removing the skin of a potato tuber, we remove
In which of the following pairs of parts of a flowering plant is epidermis absent?
1. Root tip and shoot tip
2. Shoot bud and floral bud
3. Ovule and seed
4. Petiole and pedicel
Central cavity is found in
3. Both 1 and 2
Xylem parenchyma cells are made up of
3. Both 1 and 2
4. None of the above
How many of the following statements are true for meristem-
1. Intercellular spaces are absent
2. Immature cells
3. Only primary cell wall is present
4. Metabolically high active
5. Iso-diametric cells
6. Totipotency is present
Conjoint open vascular bundles are present in
1. stem of dicots only
2. stem of dicots and gymnosperms
3. stem of monocots and gymnosperms
4. stem of monocots only
Epiderms of root is also known as
2. Piliferous layer
4. All of the above
In dicot roots, pericycle is and walled.
1. either unilayered or multilayered, thick
2. always multilayered, thick
3. always unilayered, thick
4. either unilayered or multilayered, thin
Consider the following statements regarding aerial modifications of stem:
I. tendrils help plants to climb as seen in passion flower and Vitis
II. Axilary and Terminal buds are modified into thorns in lemon, pomegranate and karonda
III. Prickles develop superficially at the surface of the stem and are distributed irregularly as in rose and plum
Out of the given statements, correct are:
1. I and II only
2. I and III only
3. II and III only
4. I, II and III
Among China rose, mustard, brinjal, potato, guava, cucumber, onion and tulip, how many plants have superior ovary?
Perigynous flowers are found in
3. China rose
An aggregate fruit is one which develops from
1. multicarpellary syncarpous gynoecium
2. multicarpellary apocarpus gynoecium
3. complete inflorescene
4. multicarpellary superior ovary
Among bitter gourd, mustard, brinjal, pumpkin, China rose, lupin, cucumber, sunnhemp, gram, guava, bean, chili, plum, Petunia, tomato, rose, Withania, potato, onion, aloe and tulip, how mny plants have hypogynous flower?
The gynoecium consists of many free pistils in flowers of
How many plants in the list given below have complete fruits that develop from an inflorescene?
Walnut, poppy, radish, fig,pinapple, apple, tomato, mulberry
Which of the following statements is correct?
1. Seeds of orchids have oil-rih endosperm
2. Placentation in primrose is basal
3. Flower of tulip is a modified shoot
4. In tomato, fruit is a capsule
Vegetative propagation in mint occurs by
A friut develop from hypanthodium inflorescene is called
Dry indehiscent single-seeded fruit formed from bicarpellary syncarpous inferior ovary is
The fleshy receptacle of synconous of fig encloses a number of
Which of these is a true nut?
2. Areca nut
3. Cashew nut
4. Ground nut
Lady finger belongs to the family
When the filament runs throughout the length of anther, it is called
2. dorsi fixed
Which among the following is a rootless plant?
The cells of the quiescent centre are characterised by
1. having dense cytoplasm and prominent nuclei
2. having light cytoplasm and small nuclei
3. dividing regularly to add to the corpus
4. dividing regularly to add to tunica
Which of the following is true?
1. Umbel is a racemose inflorescene where all stalked flower aggregate on the flat receptacle.
2. Raceme is a racemose inflorescene having main axis shortened & flower born acropetally.
3. Spadix is a racemose inflorescene having pendulous spike with main axis much flattened.
4. Spike is a racemose inflorescene having sessile flowers
Plants with inferior ovary usually bear
3. aggregate fruits
4. seedless fruits
Given is the list, how many of the following have Fibrous root system.
Mustard, wheat, Grass, Monstera, Banyan.
Which of the following is not a main function of the root system?
1. Absorption of water and minerals from the soil, Help in protection of plant
2. Providing a proper anchorage to the plant parts
3. Storing reserve food materials
4. Synthesising of plant growth regulators
The cells coming from which region actually gets differentiated and matured?
1. Region of Maturation
2. Region of Elongation
3. Region of Root cap
4. Region of Root hair
Stem spreads to new niches and when older parts die new parts are formed.
4. All of these
Find the one which doesn't belong to the above category.
Which of the following is correct?
1. The leaves of all dicot plants show reticulate venation
2. The leaves of all monocut plants show parallel venation.
3. The network of veinlets is termed as reticulate venation
4. All of these
In Floral meristem
1. Apex produces different kind of floral appendages
2. These appendages are anterior
3. Successive nodes have no leaves
4. When a shoot tip transforms into a flower, it is always solitary