Which tissue is thin and specialized fot the diffusion of gases and ions?
1. cuboidal epithelial
3. simple squamous epithelium
4. simple columnar epithelium
Cells that secrete fluids without losing their internal structure are ________ secreting, in type.
The source of the anticoagulant heparin is the ______ cell.
Microvilli are found on the ends of ________ cells.
1. simple columnar
The _______ lining of the urinary bladder allows it to stretch without tearing or losing it to stretch without tearing or losing integrity.
What is the main tissue type comprising tendons and ligaments?
1. loose connective
2. fibrous connective
4. reticular connective
Which of the following would heal the slowest?
The ______ cells are the ones that produce collagen.
3. wandering cells
Which cells are the first to phagocytize foreign particles in the tissues such as bacteria in a wound?
2. white blood cells
4. mast cells
Which contractile tissue is found within the walls of blood vessels?
2. smooth muscle
3. cardiac muscle
4. skeletal muscle
Epithelial tissue is characterized by each of these traits, except that ____________.
1. it lacks blood vessels
2. it functions in secretion, absorption, and excretion
3. epithelial cells are loosely packed and have much intercellular material
4. it is anchored to a basement membrane
Epithelium that appears layered due to the varying levels at which nuclei are found in cells, but in reality is not layered, is ___________.
1. transitional epithelium
2. pseudostratified columnar epithelium
3. stratified squamous epithelium
4. stratified columnar epithelium
The type of cartilage found in intervertebral discs of the spinal column is __________.
1. hyaline cartilage
2. elastic cartilage
3. white cartilage
Which muscle tissue is multinucleate, voluntary, and bears striations?
1. skeletal muscle
2. smooth muscle
3. multiunit smooth muscle
4. cardiac muscle
Neuroglial cells help neurons in each of these ways, with the exception of ___________.
1. supporting and binding nervous tissue
2. carrying on phagocytosis
3. playing a role in cell-to-cell communications
4. transmitting nervous impulses
What type of tissue holds most organs together?
3. fibrous connective
4. loose connective
The most active phagocytic white blood cells are :
1. Neutrophils and monocytes
2. Neutrophils and eosinophils
3. Eosinophils and lymphocytes
4. Lymphocytes and monocytes
Choose the odd pair:
1. Epithelium - Keratin
2. Areolar tissue - collagen
3. Muscle fibre - actin
4. Neuron - melanin
Four healthy persons in their twenties got involved in injuries resulting in damage and death of few cells of the following. Which of the cells are least likely to be replaced by new cells?
2. Liver cells
4. Malpighian layer of skin
Which of the following statements is correct for node of Ranvier of nerve?
1, Covered by myelin sheath
2. Neurilemma is discontinous
3. Mylein sheath is discontinous
4. Both neurilemma and myelin sheath are discontinous