Identify the metal M, which has the following extraction principle.
Which among the following is not an oxide ore?
The chemical composition of "slag" formed during the smelting process in the extraction of copper is :
Select the correct statement.
(1) In the decomposition of an oxide into oxygen and gaseous metal, entropy increases.
(2) Decomposition of an oxide is an endothermic change.
(3) To make negative, temperature should be high enough so that .
(4) All are correct statements.
The reduction of an oxide by aluminium is called:
(1) Bayer's process
(2) Goldschmidt's aluminothermite process
(3) Hall's process
(4) van Arkel process
AgCl on fusion with sodium carbonate, gives:
Consider the following reactions at
and choose the correct statement at
(a) ZnO is more stable than CO
(b) ZnO can be reduced to Zn by C
(c) ZnO and CO are formed at equal rate
(d) ZnO can not be reduced to Zn by C
Percentage of silver in the alloy, German Silver is:-
Galena contains ZnS with PbS. Which of the following is used as depressant to stop ZnS to come with foam?
3. Pine Oil
Name the metal M which is extracted on the basis of following reactions,
The second most common element on the earth is:
Which substance is used as basic refractory material in furnace?
Iron is made inactive or passive by:
2. conc. HNO3
3. conc. H2SO4
4. dil. HNO3
Liquation is used to purify: