Assertion(A): Ortho and para nitrophenols are more acidic than phenol.
Reason(R): Phenoxide ion formed by ortho and para nitrophenols are more stable than pehenoxide ion formed by phenol.
1. Both assertion and reason are true, and reason is the correct explanation of the assertion.
2. Both assertion and reason are true, but reason is not the correct explanation of the assertion.
3. Assertion is true but reason is false.
4. Assertion is false but reason is true.
Consider the two statements given below:
I. The given reaction is known as Kolbe’s reaction.
II. The given reaction is known as Reimer - Tiemann reaction.
1. Both statements I and II are true.
2. Statement I is true and statement II is false.
3. Both statements I and II are false.
4. Statement I is false, statement II is true.
In the given reaction,
product A and reaction name are respectivey-
1. 2-Ethoxy-3-methylpentane; Williamson synthesis reaction
2. 1-Ethoxy-3-methylpentane; Williamson synthesis reaction
3. 2-Ethoxy-3-methylpentane; Nucleophilic addition reaction
4. 1-Ethoxy-3-methylpentane; Nucleophilic addition reaction
The appropriate set of reactants for the preparation of 1-methoxy-4-nitrobenzene is-
3. Both 1 and 2 are appropriate set of reactants for the preparation of 1-methoxy-4-nitrobenzene
4. None of the above
CH3−CH2−CH2−O−CH3 + HBr→ A + B
1. ; CH3Br
2. CH3CH2CH2Br ; CH3OH
3. ; CH3OH
4. CH3CH2CH2Br; CH3Br
|Column I||Column II|
|a.||i. Tertiary alcohol|
|b. H2C=CH−CH2OH||ii. Primary alcohol|
|iii. Secondary alcohol|