The species that does not contain peroxide ions is:
(a) PbO2 does not contain -O-O- bond. It is lead dioxide.
Which of the following on heating produces NO2?
(b)AgNO3 Ag++ ½ O2 + NO2
2NaNO3 2NaNO2 + O2
4NaNO3 2Na2O + 5O2 + 2N
The dissolution of Al(OH)3 by a solution of NaOH results in the formation of:
(3) Al(OH)3 dissolves in NaOH solution to give Al(OH)4- ion which is supposed to have the octahedral complex species [Al(OH)4(H2O)2]- in aqueous solution.
Al(OH)3 + NaOH(aq) [Al(OH)4(H2O)2]-(aq) + NaOH+(aq)
The formation of PH+4 is difficult compared to NH+4 because
(1) lone pair of phosphorous is optically inert
(2) lone pair of phosphorous resides in almost pure p- orbital
(3) lone pair of phosphorous resides at sp3 orbital
(4) lone pair of phosphorous resides in almost pure s- orbital
(4) +H+ PH+4
According to Drago's rule lone pair on phosphorous resides in almost pure s- orbital, hence due to non directional nature, its overlapping tendency is greatly reduced in comparison to a lone pair present in hybrid orbital, which is directional as present in
Concentrated nitric acid reacts with iodine to give:
(3) I2 + 10HNO3 2HIO3 + 10NO2 + 4H20
Hydrolysis of one mole of peroxodi-sulphuric acid produces:
(1) two moles of sulphuric acid
(2) two moles of peroxomono-sulphuric acid
(3) one mole of sulphuric acid, one mole of peroxomono-sulphuric acid
(4) one mole of sulphuric acid, one mole of peroxomono-sulphuric acid and one mole of hydrogen peroxide
Anhydrous aluminium chloride (Al2Cl6) is covalent compound and soluble in water giving:
(a)Al3+ and Cl- ions
(b)[Al(H2O)6]3+ and Cl- ions
(c)[AlCl2 (H2O)4]+ and [AlCl4 (H2O)2]- ions
(c) AlCl3.6H2O [AlCl2 (H2O)4]- +[AlCl4 (H2O)2]-
Which of the following is the correct statement?
(1) F2 has higher dissociation energy than Cl2
(2) F has higher electron affinity than Cl
(3) HF is stronger acid than HCl
(4) Boiling point increases down the group in halogens
(1)-Bond dissociation energy of F2 is less than that of Cl2
(2)-Cl has higher E.A. than fluorine
(3)-HF is weaker acid than HCl, due to higher bond energy
Incorrectly matched characteristic is:
(a) S8: covalent lattice
(b) P4: tetrahedron
(c) S42-: zigzag
(d) SiO2: Covalent lattice
(a) S8: Molecular solid, in solid sulphur various S8 molecules are bonded to one another by weak molecular forces
SiO2:represents to 3D silicate, that has covalent lattice as one silicon atom is bonded to four oxygen atom in turn Bonded to two silicon.
Among the following compounds, which on heating do not produce N2?
(c) NH4Cl+ NaNO2→NH4NO2+NaCl
NH4NO2 N2↑ +2H2O