Pick the correct statement :
(1) Borax is white crystalline solid containing [B4O5(OH)4]2- units
(2) Aqueous solution of borax is acidic in nature.
(3) Cobalt gives green colour in borax bead test.
(4) All are incorrect.
(1) Borax is white crystalline solid containing [B4O5(OH)4]2- units.
Aqueous solution of borax is alkaline in nature. Cobalt gives blue colour borax bead test.
(1) there is direct boron-boron bond
(2) the structure is similar to that of C2H6
(3) the boron atoms are linked through hydrogen bridges
(4) all the atoms are in one plane
(1) monobasic and weak Lewis acid
(2) monobasic and weak bronsted acid
(3) monobasic and strong Lewis acid
(4) tribasic and weak Bronsted acid
(1) H3BO3 is not a protonic acid. It can accept one OH- and converted into [B(OH)4]-. So, it is a weak monobasic lewis acid.
From the B2H6 all the following can be prepared except:
(2) [BH2(NH3)2]+ [BH4]-
Which of the following shows correct Lewis acidic strength order of trihalides of boron ?
(1) BCl3 > BBr3 > BF3 > BI3
(2) BF3 < BBr3 < BCl3 < BI3
(3) BF3 < BCl3 < BBr3 < BI3
(4) BF3 >BCl3 > BBr3 > BI3
(3) Extent of back bonding decreases from BF3 to BI3.