Identify the option where all columns are not correctly matched:
Crop Variety Resistant to
1. Wheat Himgiri Leaf rust
2. Brassica Pusa Swarnim White rust
3. Cowpea Pusa komal Black rot
4. Chilli Pusa sadabahar Leaf curl
In mung bean the resistance to yellow mosaic virus and powdery mildew were introduced by:
3. Tissue culture
4. Genetic engineering
Pusa Shubhra, an improved variety of cauliflower, is resistant to:
1. White rust
2. Bacterial blight
3. Black rot
4. Leaf curl
Match each item in Column I with one item in Column II and chose your answer from the codes given below:
I. Pusa Swarnim
II. Pusa Shubhra
III. Pusa Komal
IV. Pusa Sawani
4. Cow pea
I II III IV
1. 1 2 3 4
2. 2 1 4 3
3. 2 1 3 4
4. 1 2 4 3
'Himgiri' developed by hybridisation and selection for disease resistance against rust pathogens is a variety of
Identify the correct matches for crops and their improved varieties
Crops Varieties Disease
(1) Wheat Karan rai White rust
(2) Cauliflower Pusa Shubhna Leaf and stripe rust
(3) Cowpea Pusa Koma Hill bunt
(4) Chill Pusa Sadabahar Tobacco mosaic virus and leaf curl
Which of the following is not correct?
1. A wide range of fungal, bacterial, and viral pathogens affect the yield of cultivated crop species, especially in tropical climates.
2. Crop losses can often be significant, up to 20-30% or even 100%.
3. Hybrid breeding has led to the development of several high yielding varieties resistant to water stress.
4. The disease-resistant varieties increase our dependence on the use of fungicides and bacteriocides.
Which of the following is not a bacterial disease?
1) Brown rust of wheat
2) Red rot of sugarcane
3) Late blight of potato
4) All of these
Which of the following is not a fungal disease?
1. black rot of crucifers
2. Brown rust of wheat
3. Red rot of sugarcane
4. late blight of potato
Which of the following is a bacterial disease?
1. Tobacco Mosaic
2. Turnip Mosaic
3. black rot of crucifers
4. red rot of sugarcane