What is the fate of the male gametes discharged in the synergid?
|1.||One fuses with the egg and the other fuses with central cell nuclei|
|2.||One fuses with the egg and the other(s) degenerate(s) in the synergid|
|3.||All fuse with the egg|
|4.||One fuses with the egg and the other(s) fuse(s) with a synergid nucleus|
Which of the following statements is not correct?
1. Insects that consume pollen or nectar without bringing about pollination are called pollen nectar robbers
2. Pollen germination and pollen tube growth are regulated by chemical compound of pollen interacting with those of the pistil
3. Some reptiles have also been reported as pollinators in some plant species
4. Pollen grains of many species can germinate on the stigma of a flower, but only one pollen tube of the same species grows into the style.
Which one of the following statements is wrong?
1. Vegetative cell is larger than generative cell
2. Pollen grains in some plants remain viable for months
3. Intine is made up of cellulose and pectin
4. When pollen is shed at two-celled stage, double fertilization does not take place