Which of the following is not ABA?
In most situations, which of the following acts as an antagonist to GAs?
Abscisic acid is known as the stress hormone because it
(1) breaks seed dormancy
(2) induces flowering
(3) promotes leaf fall
(4) promotes closure of stomata
Identify the incorrect statement about ABA growth regulator.
(1) It increases the tolerance of plants against different stresses.
(2) It acts as general plant growth inhibitor and inhibitor of metabolism.
(3) It helps in seed maturation and dormancy.
(4) It promotes morphogenesis and differentiation of shoots.
Which one of the following acids is a derivative of carotenoids?
1. Indole-butyric acid
2. Indole-3-acetic acid
3. Gibberellic acid
4. Abscisic acid
Bud dormancy is induced by:-
4. gibberellic acid.
ABA acts as antagonistic to
3. gibberellic acid
The term synergistic action of hormones refers to
1. When two hormones act together but bring about opposite effects.
2. When two Hormones act together and contribute to the same function.
3. When one Hormone affects more than one function
4. When many hormones bring about anyone function
Match the Following:
1. Herring sperm DNA.
3. Stomatal closure
4. Weed-free lawns
5. Ripening of fruits.
A B C D E
1) 4 3 5 2 1
2) 5 3 4 2 1
3) 4 1 4 3 2
4) 5 3 2 4 4
Plant growth promotors are not involved in
1.Cell division, cell enlargement
2.Pattern formation, seed formation
4.Fruiting and Flowering