Consider the following:
I Facilitation of uptake and utilization of calcium by plants
II. Cell elongation and cell differentiation
III. Nitrogen metabolism
IV. Carbohydrate translocation
V. Water splitting reaction in photosynthesis
The functions of Boron in plants will include:
1. I,II, III, IV
2. I, II, IV
3. II, III, IV
4. I, III, V
(2) Boron increases the rate of transport of sugars (which are produced by photosynthesis in mature plant leaves) to actively growing regions and also in developing fruits. Therefore, IV is included in the correct choices.
Which of the following is an activator for both ribulose biphosphate carboxylase-oxygenase and phosphoenol pyruvate carboxylase?
(2) Read page 196, XI NCERT
Identify a micronutrient for plants amongst the following:
(3) Read page 196, XI NCERT
Which element is required by the plants for uptake and utilization of calcium and carbohydrate translocation ?
(2) Read page 198, XI NCERT
During nitrogen fixation, nitrite is oxidized to nitrate with the help of the bacterium:
(3) Read page 201, XI NCERT
Nitrogen-fixing nodules on the roots of non-leguminous plants like Alnus are produced by
(4) Read page 202, XI NCERT
For each molecule of ammonia produced by nitrogenase, the number of ATP molecules required are:
(2) Read page 204, XI NCERT
The deficiency symptoms of iron, magnesium and calcium in plants may actually be due to the toxicity of
(2) Read page 199, XI NCERT
The criteria for essentiality of an element for a plant include all except:
1. It must be absolutely necessary for supporting normal growth and reproduction
2. The requirement must be specific and not replaceable by another element
3. It must be directly involved in the metabolism of the plant.
4. They must be present in the plants in a concentration in excess of 10 mmole/Kg of dry matter.
(4) Read Page 195/196, XI NCERT
Identify the incorrectly matched pair
Mineral Functions in plants
1. Potassium Opening and closing of stomata, Activation of enzymes
2 Magnesium Maintenance of ribosome structure, Structure of chlorophyll
3 Boron Pollen germination, Carbohydrate translocation
4 Molybdenum Water splitting in photosynthesis, Nitrogen metabolism
(4) NCERT Page 198, Factual information