Which of the following is the correct sequence of events of interphase:-
a. cells metabolically active
b. Duplication of the chromosome but chromosome number remains constant
c. M phased
d. Synthesis of protein [Tubulin]
Which of the following is characteristic of prophase I of meiosis I:-
1. Synapsis in zygotene, genetically different chromatid are seen in pachytene
2. Exchange of genes in leptotene, genetically similar chromatids are seen in zygotene.
3. Chiasmata are present in metaphase
4. Splitting of centromere in anaphase-I
Select correct match (column I with column ll)
Column l - Column ll
a. Bivalent as terad - (i) Diplotene
b. Chromatids separation - (ii) Telophase l
c. Terminalisation start phase - (iii) Anaphase ll
d. Nuclear membrane and nucleolus reappear - (iv) Pachytene
1 a(iv), b(iii), c(i), d(ii)
2 a(iv), b(iii), c(ii), d(i)
3 a(iii), b(iv), c(i), d(ii)
4 a(ii), b(iii), c(i), d(iv)
Mark the correct statement:
1 The stage between two successive meiotic division is generally long lived
2 In plant cells, wall formation starts in the centre of the cell and grows outward to meet the existing lateral walls
3 Meiosis results in conservation of specific chromosomes number of each species across generations in asexually reproducing organisms
4 Telophase - I can last for months or year
Choose the odd one with respect to significance of meiosis
1. Conservation of specific chromosome number of each species
2. Increases genetic variability
3. Able to regenerate part or whole of the organism
4. Introduces new combination of traits
Which stage of meiosis - I is characterized by the
appearance of recombination nodules?
Which is the characteristic feature of metaphase?
1. Spindle fibres attach to kinetochores of
2. Initiation of condensation of chromosomal material.
3. Chromosomes cluster at opposite spindle poles.
4. Disappearance of Golgi complexes, endoplasmic
reticulum, nucleolus, and the nuclear envelope.
During mitosis, endoplasmic reticulum and nucleolus begin to disappear at:
1. Late metaphase
2. Early prophase
3. Late prophase
4. Early metaphase
Crossing over takes place between which chromatids and in which stage of the cell cycle?
1. Non-sister chromatids of non-homologous chromosomes at Zygotene stage of prophase I.
2. Non-sister chromatids of homologous chromosomes at Pachytene stage of prophase I.
3. Non-sister chromatids of homologous chromosomes at Zygotene stage of prophase I.
4. Non-sister chromatids of non-homologous chromosomes at Pachytene stage of prophase I.
Alignment of bivalent chromosomes on the equatorial
plate and splitting of centromeres occur respectively
in which of the following stages of cell division?
1. Anaphase I and anaphase II.
2. Metaphase II and anaphase I.
3. Metaphase I and anaphase II.
4. Pachytene and telophase I.