Hammerling's experiments on Acetabularia involved exchanging
(3) Rhizoid and stalk
A non-membrane bound organelle found exclusively in animal cells is:
Centrioles are not membrane bound and are involved in spindle formation. They are usually associated with animal cells and are absent in angiosperms and most fungi. The most appropriate answer is, therefore, centriole.
Cell is the fundamental structural and functional unit of all living organisms because:
(1) Anything less than a complete structure of a cell does not ensure independant living.
(2) The metabolic reactions can only occur inside a living cell.
(3) Nucleic acids present in the cells ensure living state.
(4) The membrane bound organelles cause differentiation for proper functioning.
(1) read page 125 XI NCERT
Who concluded, based on his studies on plant tissues, that the presence of cell wall is a unique character of plant cells ?
(1) Mathias Schleiden
(2) Theodore Schwann
(3) Rudolph Virchow
(4) Robert Hooke
(2) Read page 126 XI NCERT
Mesosomes in prokaryotes do not help in:
1. Cell wall formation
2. DNA replication
(4) Read page 128/129 XI NCERT
The endomembrane system of a eukaryotic cell does not include:
1. Endoplasmic reticulum
Read page 133 XI NCERT
The cis and trans faces of the Golgi Apparatus are:
1. Similar but not interconnected
2. Similar and interconnected
3. Entirely different but interconnected
4. Entirely diffrent and not interconnected
3. Read page 134 XI NCERT
Plastids used in storing proteins are called as:
(2) Read page 135 XI NCERT
A centriole-like structure, from which the cilium and the flagellum emerge, is the:
2. Basal body
(2) Read page 137 XI NCERT
The outer membrane of the nucleus:
I. is continuous with the Endoplasmic reticulum
II. does not bear ribosomes.
1. Only I is correct
2. Only II is correct
3. Both I and II are correct
4. Both I and II are incorrect
(4) Read page 138 XI NCERT